I need to know what pickups the yamaha pacifica 112J has and if it would be a good starter electric guitar also if u had a choice between a Yamaha Pacifica 112J or a Squier Black and Chrome Fat Strat what would u choose?

Yamaha Pacifica 112J
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-PAC112J-Electric-Guitar?sku=511077

Squier Black and Chrome Fat Strat
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Black-and-Chrome-Fat-Strat-Electric-Guitar?sku=511944

(Pls don't give me any smartallick answers)
Well from all I've read, the Yamaha seems to be a superior guitar and the Yamahas I've played have felt pretty nice in hand. The only way you'll really know for though, is if you play them both yourself.
Get the yamaha,
Just do it!
I got one that is over 14 years old, still original and stuff and plays like a train, so i would say very decent quality.
Ibanez ICT-700 WH

Behringer V-Amp Pro

Fender Frontman 25A
Mine's 22 years old and still as much fun as ever. The stock Yamaha pups are as good as any in that price range (considering the guitar is less than a good set of pups) and are easy to upgrade if you need to any time.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

any pros and cons on either of those guitars; all i can think of is:

Yamaha Pacifica 112J Pros: Alder Body

Squier Black and Chrome Fat Strat Cons: Agathis Body
Yamaha Pacifica definitely.
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
i've owned squiers and the yamaha. both about the same, depending on which one they send you off the shelf.

either way, you'll need to set it up with a tight bridge. so pick up a few springs too.

of the two i like the yamaha better.

what amp you getting?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
i've owned squiers and the yamaha. both about the same, depending on which one they send you off the shelf.

either way, you'll need to set it up with a tight bridge. so pick up a few springs too.

of the two i like the yamaha better.

what amp you getting?

i hav no clue any suggestions??? also do u use the trem bar and if u don't then did u even install it, i kno i won't rlly bother using it so how would i go about setting it up with a tight bridge?
i dont use my trem a lot on my Mex made strat.
i keep the bridge flush against the body, and max out the springs in the back trem cavity.
takes 2 mins to put an extra spring in the back of the guitar.

you dont need to "install" the trem bar. it just screws in and out.
you can put it on if you want, just dont bother to use it too much.

as for an amp. it's a good idea to spend about as much on the amp as on the guitar.

but say, if you only have about $125 left over, then please do yourself a favor and check out Roland microcube.

imo, dont bother with MG series marshall or a line 6.

so for amp, what's your budget?

oh and for set up help, check out the link in my sig. the green one.
setup pics in the first post.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Last edited by jj1565 at Feb 22, 2009,
Quote by jj1565
i dont use my trem a lot on my Mex made strat.
i keep the bridge flush against the body, and max out the springs in the back trem cavity.
takes 2 mins to put an extra spring in the back of the guitar.

you dont need to "install" the trem bar. it just screws in and out.
you can put it on if you want, just dont bother to use it too much.

as for an amp. it's a good idea to spend about as much on the amp as on the guitar.

but say, if you only have about $125 left over, then please do yourself a favor and check out Roland microcube.

imo, dont bother with MG series marshall or a line 6.

so for amp, what's your budget?

oh and for set up help, check out the link in my sig. the green one.
setup pics in the first post.

once ive spent on the guitar i should have about $150 left ill check out the roland cube and you post cool thanks 4 all the help!!!
ok cool. make sure you get the right one.
if you go for anything other than the microcube or the cube 30, i think you dont get all the effects.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

If you've got 150 left check out the Vox DA-5 too. The Microcube and the DA-5 are really good for the price. I use my tremolo on my Pacifica for very subtle vibrato sometimes, doesn't go out of tune too much...hardly noticeable. You can't yank it around too much though....i've actually got my trem floating slightly, just a tiny bit, i've found it helps keeping it in tune a bit better when using the trem, i also put an additional spring at the back (got 3 instead of the stock 2).
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
Last edited by the_wayward_one at Feb 23, 2009,