hey guys. im in oz and im looking at buying a 1977 Greco LP, set neck, good condition frets, quite bad wear on the back of the guitar down by the bottom strapbutton (lots of nicks and paint chips out of it) and also pretty bad wear on the back of the guitar corner just near the rhythm/treble control plate.
serial number checks out and it is replaced tuners with gotoh ones and it has alnico II pickups put in (ones slash uses).
looking at $800AUS
so thats $513.61USD
good deal?
appreciate all help
pics?

Could be an alright deal, but considering the wear that you've described it might not be worth $800, I dunno. You could almost get an LP Studio, but I dunno.
Quote by kenan6346
pics?

Could be an alright deal, but considering the wear that you've described it might not be worth $800, I dunno. You could almost get an LP Studio, but I dunno.

A Gibson Lp Sudio in Aus is $1500.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by random_B-RAD
A Gibson Lp Sudio in Aus is $1500.

I'll just put it out there as a plan B, I've seen sellers on eBay selling Gibson LP Studios without hardware or electronics for about $800, so if you want you could try to make this an interesting project where you can use any parts you want.

In the end, just get the Greco if you think it'll play nicely: see if you can try it out, and if it feels good, then get it.
That seems like a great price, seeing as Grecos regularly go for 700 USD.