I feel i am in need of a chorus pedal, and had my eye on the small clone for ages, but i read tons of reviews that they just crap out on you after a few months!

any other chorus pedals which are good?

thanks
Not all of them crap out on you, I suggest you go with the Small Clone.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
I have a Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus, and I love it. It's really warm sounding.
You might laugh, but the Danelectro Cool Cat chorus is actually pretty nice. I have one that's probably 12 years old. For the money, (less than a $100), it sounds great. I don't know if they're still making them though.
There's my way and the wrong way.
Check out Biyang pedals. I've got three, superb quality even if they are made in China. They use German parts and they're pretty cheap, especially from wirelessgoes.com.

EDIT: and yeah Coolcats are pretty good, I've got the tremolo.
When altitude dropping, my ears started popping. One more red nightmare...
Last edited by rednightmare at Feb 22, 2009,
Quote by gilmourish
I feel i am in need of a chorus pedal, and had my eye on the small clone for ages, but i read tons of reviews that they just crap out on you after a few months!

any other chorus pedals which are good?

thanks

i bought a small clone used of ebay, sounds freakin sweet, hasn't crapped out on me yet. dude they are by far the best pedal for the price, for grunge type stuff anyway - Nirvana, Soundgarden etc.

tho don't get a boss...i found when i tried them they were lacking. and all they managed to do was clean up your sound a little, and the bypass is ****. Small clone is true bypass!
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Quote by hendrixftw
i bought a small clone used of ebay, sounds freakin sweet, hasn't crapped out on me yet. dude they are by far the best pedal for the price, for grunge type stuff anyway - Nirvana, Soundgarden etc.

tho don't get a boss...i found when i tried them they were lacking. and all they managed to do was clean up your sound a little, and the bypass is ****. Small clone is true bypass!

Tbh, I wasn't too impressed by the Small Clone when I borrowed it. Sure, it's a good pedal, but it's nothing special.

New Boss ones aren't very good, but the old Boss CE-1 and the affordable CE-2 were immense. Quite possibly my favourite Chorus pedals.

What's your budget? You could get a Retrosonic chorus (CE-1 clone) or a CE-2 for a lot more than a Small Clone, but IMO it's worth it.

I use an early '80s MXR Commande Flanger myself. Does flanger sounds such as a mild jet kinda thing, but also an over the top chorus and vibrato.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Grab an old MIJ (analog) Boss CH-1, or find a CE-2.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by rednightmare
Check out Biyang pedals. I've got three, superb quality even if they are made in China.
+1. I love mine.
404: Sig not found.
Oooh, I'd forgotten about ModTone. Love their pedals also!
404: Sig not found.