i was reading reviews on some products, i noticed some of the reviewers used terms like "hearing this thing makes me smile in the morning" or "everytime i plug it in, it makes me happy".

now this has only happened to me once. on a bad day, i ran a BadMonkey and a DD3 through a blackheart KA. for some reason, the sound produced just filled me with joy.

it doesn't happen often. it didnt happen today. didnt happen yesterday or last week either.

what i would like to ask is: how often does the sound that your gear produce really make you happy?
Quite often. I leave my amp at my band's drummer's house all week, and only get it at the weekends, so at home I'm stuck with a practice amp. Every sunday when I arrive there, I smile. It's almost distracting.

- Adam
almost every time I look at it.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
My gear makes me smile whenever i play something that just sounds really nice through it.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
A pirated version of Guitar Rig 3, and a epi les paul with poor intonation with an oscilating G string that for some reason has less sustain than the other strings?

I don't smile too much anyways....

Oh and I have a crate cab sitting in my room waiting to sound like trash when I get a head.
Quote by Ignite
A pirated version of Guitar Rig 3, and a epi les paul with poor intonation with an oscilating G string that for some reason has less sustain than the other strings?

I don't smile too much anyways....

Oh and I have a crate cab sitting in my room waiting to sound like trash when I get a head.

what you need.. is a setup guide (and a good amp head, not a cheap solid state head - something good will sound fine through a crate cab imo)
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
My guitar does. My amp? Not really, I'm not in love with it. I like it though.

But my guitar? Yeah, I love it.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
I'm having some seriously mixed emotions at the moment, sometimes I smile and sometimes I want to cry.

I just sold my Soldano and have most of my Midi rack rig available for sale, so walking in and seeing a Mesa/Boogie Mark I is sometimes very tragic. Then again I'll think about awesome the Mark 1 sounds and how much simpler the new rig is and it'll make me smile. Then I'll think about the versatility of the Soldano/Midi rig and I'll want to cry...etc...etc...etc...
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
love it but never.. dont get why you'd smile at something you see and play for extended periods of time everyday. maybe if it's fairly new.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
at home, i use a pignose with an ibanez that cost about a grand used. the ibanez is beautiful, but it doesnt seem that special because i use it every day.

at band practices at my drummers house, i use a $200 ibanez that i upgraded the **** out of (and it sounds and plays almost better than the expensive one) through a line 6 150w 2x12. i smile when i see it and im like "OMG SHINY!!!!" and then i plug in and realize how much i hate modeling amps.

then at my bassists house i have my marshall head. when i see that thing i have to do my best to hide the fact that im about to have an orgasm from my bassists mom and gf. i have no cab, but i plug it into his bass cab or use it at shows when the place provides a cab. it sounds amazing.

being that i have band practice once a week, or its rarely replaced by a trip to visit my marshall, id say once a week i smile for a moment, but only about once a month or so i actually get excited to see my gear.
you know, ive owned 8 different guitars over my lifetime, and right now i have 3. i wanna know what the hell happened...i mean the picks and cables are understandable, they disappear into thin air all the time, but guitars?

nope.. makes me go
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
When I manage to get the settings perfect on my Blackheart LG, I smile quite a bit. However, when one of my family's cats goes in my room and plays with the knobs....

Although, that being said, I still smile everytime I use it if I've just been using my Frontman for a while due to noise issues.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
My pedals make me smile, but I don't know what to think of my amp(s) or guitar. I love my bass a lot however.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
It's what the pedals produce that makes me smile.

Except for my PDS 20/20, that just makes me laugh.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
OMG YES!!!!!

Marshall JCM900 4500 head with a matching JCM900 1960A cab with my BC Rich Kerry King sig V...... makes me very happy, but as much as i love my marshall im IN love with my BC Rich

to all the "you don`t need a 1/2 stack" they probly havn`t ever owned a 1/2 stack.
Lately, yes. It's nice to walk into my room and see my "new" Mesa Boogie F-50 head

However, the many many modifications I want to make to my gear, or new pieces of gear I still want to buy instantly throw me back into GAS mode, haha.
Showing my friends what my 100 Watt Marshall JCM 900 sounds like when its cranked at 10 through my Gibson Les Paul. My inside just fills with happyness. It also hurts my insides if I stand infront of the amp at this time.

But yes, thats my great joy. (When I'm not playing infront of a crowd, thats the best)
"if i were you I wouldn't fiddle with the feet etc. as that nullifies warranty but yeh, just get up in digitech's grill and demand they make you a custom whammy that is purple and gold and fires rockets when you bend +2 octaves"