i saw a video on youtube a few weeks ago of sam totman completely messing up the heroes of our time solo at some festival or other.

now i cant find it

help anyone?

*this probably shouldnt be in the pit, but i couldnt find the dragonforce thread..
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
^^ no but he really did mess it up

he forgot it completely.

Quote by cornmancer
Quote by Kurikinton Fox
I haven't seen the video, but seriously, what song did he NOT mess up?

I agree, got a feeling this may turn out to be a hate Dragonforce thread

Be quite funny to see though
Haha Ive seen that video, its funny and annoying at the same time. Cant find it either now
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote by Hoodoo Child

now i cant find it

help anyone?

Search for "Dragonforce" on YouTube, and pick any random live recording.
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Quote by BlisteringDDj
Search for "Dragonforce" on YouTube, and pick any random live recording.

you know, i just said to the person sitting next to me something almost identical to that.

bravo pit, bravo.

Quote by cornmancer
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Sam Totman is a mistake.

ಥ_ಥ So true.
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
I'm pretty sure Dragonforce are deleting all the videos they make mistakes in, and thats why you can't find it. Soon all you'll have is the studio version of the songs.
My Last.FM

"The more you think, the better you're going to play. That should be a quote somewhere."
- Marty Friedman
Last edited by COBGage at Feb 22, 2009,
He missed an entire solo when I saw them live last time, was quite funny how the band ripped into him at the end of the song
Jesus, you Dragonforce haters really piss me off. Have any of you ever actually seen them live in person? You're probably all just judging them by the Pinkpop performance (which was terrible, I'll admit) and don't realise they are so much better now! I saw them live recently, and they were great! The only mistake I heard was the keyboardist going out of time, but it took him about 2 seconds to correct himself.

Hell, I used to hate them aswell until that performance. So stop judging them by some youtube videos and gtfo.

But anyway, I think the video TS means is where Sam goes completely out of key, gives the thumbs down and buggers off. Is that it?
Quote by Oh Shize
Jesus, you Dragonforce haters really piss me off. Have any of you ever actually seen them live in person? You're probably all just judging them by the Pinkpop performance (which was terrible, I'll admit) and don't realise they are so much better now! I saw them live recently, and they were great! The only mistake I heard was the keyboardist going out of time, but it took him about 2 seconds to correct himself.

Hell, I used to hate them aswell until that performance. So stop judging them by some youtube videos and gtfo.

But anyway, I think the video TS means is where Sam goes completely out of key, gives the thumbs down and buggers off. Is that it?

Dude you act like it's not funny to see him fall on his ass.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by Oh Shize

Dragonforce aren't worth the effort it takes to hate something.
My Last.FM

"The more you think, the better you're going to play. That should be a quote somewhere."
- Marty Friedman
Quote by Oh Shize

This.

And for all the haters... I don't like Dragonforce music, but Sam Totman and Herman Li ARE great guitar players. Are you able to play their songs at full speed? I guess no, so please shut up.

It's OBVIOUS that they speed up songs in studio... they are not easy! If you think that they shouldn't, why don't you record them? Come on, play Through The Fire And Flames fluently at full speed without errors and without going out of time and record it.
Quote by Poglia
This.

And for all the haters... I don't like Dragonforce music, but Sam Totman and Herman Li ARE great guitar players. Are you able to play their songs at full speed? I guess no, so please shut up.

It's OBVIOUS that they speed up songs in studio... they are not easy! If you think that they shouldn't, why don't you record them? Come on, play Through The Fire And Flames fluently at full speed without errors and without going out of time and record it.

No, a lot of us can't play their music at full speed.

Now give me one good reason why they should get the ****ing credit of being able to play it when they actually can't. I have not seen ONE video of them playing it correctly. Why should I respect a band that can't play their own ****ing music.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
Quote by Poglia
This.

I'm taking the piss mainly, but come on man are you actually saying it's OK for a band to create music that they can't even play?
My Last.FM

- Marty Friedman
Quote by boreamor

No, a lot of us can't play their music at full speed.

Now give me one good reason why they should get the ****ing credit of being able to play it when they actually can't. I have not seen ONE video of them playing it correctly. Why should I respect a band that can't play their own ****ing music.
Because they are still great guitar players, better than almost anyone here on UG. I agree that they should play easier stuffs, so they can play without errors, but I don't care. They are good guitar players, and they aren't that bad live. Some of my friends watched them live several times and said that they were perfect and with no errors. Haters don't put on YouTube good videos, only crappy ones where they do mistakes.

P.S.: why don't you hate pop singers that play in playback instead? They aren't even able to sing their easy stuffs. At least Dragonforce songs are damn hard.
Last edited by Poglia at Feb 22, 2009,
Quote by Poglia
Because they are still great guitar players, better than almost anyone here on UG. I agree that they should play easier stuffs, so they can play without errors, but I don't care. They are good guitar players, and they aren't that bad live. Some of my friends watched them live several times and said that they were perfect and with no errors. Haters don't put on YouTube good videos, only crappy ones where they do mistakes.

P.S.: why don't you hate pop singers that play in playback instead? They aren't even able to sing their easy stuffs. At least Dragonforce songs are damn hard.

People's ****ty camera phones =/= Professional Camera's.
It's not really a fair comparison.
Quote by Orbit91
People's ****ty camera phones =/= Professional Camera's.
It's not really a fair comparison.
Also you guys know that all professional live DVD are edited and mixed, right? All bands make mistakes, no one is perfect.
Quote by Poglia
Also you guys know that all professional live DVD are edited and mixed, right? All bands make mistakes, no one is perfect.

I'll give credit where credit is due, I like Herman, and I think he's ABOVE average certainly, but Sam just seems to fall below most player's standards.
Quote by Poglia

You're assuming I respect pop singers? Nice one

They are technical and skilled. In my opinion that does not make them good guitarists. None of their music impresses me. It gives me headaches and bores me. In my opinion they aren't worth any respect at all.

By the way, I prefer simple stuff to technical stuff. Technicality doesn't make ANYTHING good by default.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
Quote by boreamor

You're assuming I respect pop singers? Nice one

They are technical and skilled. In my opinion that does not make them good guitarists. None of their music impresses me. It gives me headaches and bores me. In my opinion they aren't worth any respect at all.

By the way, I prefer simple stuff to technical stuff. Technicality doesn't make ANYTHING good by default.
I know, I don't like their music. I listen to metal, but I really don't like Dragonforce. I have only said that they are "good" guitarists... and for "good" I mean skilled and technical. They are not great composers though.
Quote by Poglia
I know, I don't like their music. I listen to metal, but I really don't like Dragonforce. I have only said that they are "good" guitarists... and for "good" I mean skilled and technical. They are not great composers though.

Which part of their playing is skilled and technical? Because the last time i checked, playing sloppily was bad, whatever speed it's at. I can play at 3490485748975 bpm, but i can't play it with hands sync'd without mistakes, just like DF can't play their own stuff with hands sync'd and without mistakes.
Sam Totman reminds me of some cheesy actor I once saw on tv when I was younger. He's probably worst guitar player after lil wayne. can you even call lil wayne a guitarist?

And about the vid I remember some guy here in the pit having it in his sig. Good times, herman Li had to save his ass when he just choked.

I wonder how it feels like to go to a dragonforce concert. Herman Li keep's on falling, Sam Totman can't play correctly.

I saw a video where sam totman were playing power chords, and he said "we do it like this instead to make it sounds cooler" and he tried to put in some slides etc. And while doing so he completely failed the simple rhythm part he was playing. HOW DID HE GET SIGNED IN THE FIRST PLACE!??!?!
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...

Mmmm fun thread
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
i agree with boreamor, on so many levels. sam and herman ARE good, its just that people take their mistakes that they occassionally make and blow them totally out of proportion, which isnt fair. i have a feeling so much of this dragonforce hate is simply bandwagoning on the opinion that "lol they make mistakes because theyre drunk they suck hahhahaha" but if you people actually listened with your own opinion and not with the one of a bunch of kids on the internet you might find you actually like them

/rant
NOPE
Quote by Nakon14
i agree with boreamor, on so many levels. sam and herman ARE good, its just that people take their mistakes that they occassionally make and blow them totally out of proportion, which isnt fair. i have a feeling so much of this dragonforce hate is simply bandwagoning on the opinion that "lol they make mistakes because theyre drunk they suck hahhahaha" but if you people actually listened with your own opinion and not with the one of a bunch of kids on the internet you might find you actually like them

/rant

NO.

Herman Li is good or I think he's good. But Sam Totman he's rubbish and doesnt belong anywhere near a guitar. And being drunk isnt an excuse for being a bad guitar player.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by Poglia

Come on, play Through The Fire And Flames fluently at full speed without errors and without going out of time and record it.

Or to give it that Dragonforce feel, we could play like sh*t and just use a lot of studio editing to give the illusion we have talent