Hey UG, it's time to record some bass for my GCSE composition (allready got the guitar and drums done) and I was just thinking of what effects on could use on the bass

So, for guitar I have:

Boss ge-7 equallizer(forget this one, I wont need it)
Slash Crybaby wah
Morely Little Alligator volume
Digitech Whammy IV
Boss ds-1
EHX big muff (currently off board)
Ibanez ts-9dx
Boss ch-1
MXR phase 90
EHX electric mistress flanger
EHX stereo pulsar tremelo
Boss DD-6 delay
Boss TU-2 (again for get this one, i allready know it works, ;P)

So I was just wondering if you guys could tell me if any of these work with bass aswel as guitar?

Thanks in advance, Aidan.
all of them except the DS-1, Big Muff, TS-9, CH-1, and Stereo Pulsar could theoretically be used. I'm not sure how good it would sound, but I'm more concerned with the fact that you have a huge pedal chain on a Tiny Terror, which is an amp without an effects loop that does NOT take pedals well. That has to mean you're running multiple time-based effects in front of the amp.

Ouch.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
^ Not true, all of those except the Tubescreamer will work (and that will work, it just won't do much/sound good). Lots of bands use Big Muff's for bass, it sounds sweet.

Some people, like me, run even longer signal chains into an amp without an effects loop. I personally don't see the need for one

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
I agree with theoretic if you're running the time-based effects into your overdrive channel. But if your distortion comes from the pedals and you're running the time-based effects afterwards you should be fine.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Erm... Okay, I might wait for a few more post to get an average of what you guys say but I allready more trust xwearesinking.

Edit- okay thanks guys!!!

2nd edit- forgot to mention that I dont play bass through the TT I have a separate (agreed its a piece of ****) bass amp.
Last edited by bass wizard at Feb 22, 2009,
It's a tiny terror. There's no such thing as a clean channel...

Sorry, maybe I should have included the letters imo. I was never a fan of fuzzy or distorted bass (unless done right).

Don't judge me.
One more thing, if you use the big muff track some clean bass under it so you don't lose your low end.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by theoreticmusic

Sorry, maybe I should have included the letters imo. I was never a fan of fuzzy or distorted bass (unless done right).

The problem was that you said that the pedals wouldn't work. They would all work, they just might not sound nice.

EDIT: To TS, just try 'em all out.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Last edited by monkey_dancer at Feb 22, 2009,
Quote by monkey_dancer
The problem was that you said that the pedals wouldn't work. They would all work, they just might not sound nice.

and "nice" is subjective.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by monkey_dancer

nah, i said could theoretically be used. but it doesn't matter. the point is moot.

Don't judge me.
Quote by xwearesinking
and "nice" is subjective.

Exactly.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt