As most of you know, the company Paul Reed Smith has a very affordable line of guitars marked as the SE series.

The three main guitars in this series are:

PRS SE Custom
PRS SE SingleCut
PRS SE Soapbar (I or II)

Now I can get any of these for pretty much the same price (350 quid), and I was wondering, given that they are all the same price, which one would you buy? All have their strengths and weaknesses, but please help me as I am facing the dilemma of choice.

Thanks very much =)
Last edited by RunningWater at Feb 22, 2009,
I'd get the SE Custom 24 too be honest.

They are all comfortable well playing guitars.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
The Custom.

I love the look of PRS type double-cuts, and soapbars don't fit my style of music.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
I'd get neither.
SE series are overpriced crap. I'd take an Ibby SZ520 or an X50 Pro over one any day.
@Horlicks, I actually looked into both of those, but neither would suit my style. I'm a real blues/classic rock person and the PRS guitars sound perfect in those styles.
Quote by RunningWater
@Horlicks, I actually looked into both of those, but neither would suit my style. I'm a real blues/classic rock person and the PRS guitars sound perfect in those styles.

So am I, and the Washburn works great for me.
Mhmm... the washburn indeed looks nice.
Quite a bit more expensive than the PRS though =(
Mhmm.. so it looks like the custom is a nice option, however, I've heard that the soapbars are way more versitile than the 'buckers on the custom.
Any insight into this?
Also @Doodleface You said that soapbars didn't fit your style of music. What styles do and don't they fit then?