Poll: Is there a greatest guitarist?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is there a greatest guitarist?
Yes, and he/she is...
6 10%
No.
57 90%
Voters: 63.
Do you think there is one/ever could be one? I greatest guitarist would have to be the greatest guitarist in all genres, and super-influencial. I was just reading the MF 49 greatest guitarists, and that was a fail, just for trying to make a list. Your always gonna put someone too far back on the list, according to someone.

So pit, do you think there could even be a greatest guitarist?
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
No because everyone plays differently and music isn't a competition anyway so who gives a f*ck?
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
No, there is no "best". A guitarist can shred fast, but maybe he can't play rhythm, or he may be able to fingerpick perfectly, but can't use a pick, ect.

Same is for singers... who is the best singer? No one. The best computer game? The best book? The best movie? It depends on your tastes.
Last edited by Poglia at Feb 22, 2009,
There will never be a "best" player, although imo Joe Satriani, Buckethead or Paul Gilbert are the only guitarists I've seen who excel at absolutely everything they do.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Not really. There are people who come close (Steve Vai, EVH, or Randy Rhoads would be my picks), but I doubt anyone will ever truly be the best guitarist ever.
Megadeth > Metallica
Gibson > Fender
Randy Rhoads > Everybody

Quote by gamenerd323
451f you sig is the truest thing in the world

My sig > Yours
paul gilbert

/thread
Quote by dragoo-mon
+1 to carcass255, he knows funk will lead the way

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Pies? You're the drunk one!
Quote by ongbakkneedrop
chris storey from all shall perrish, or chris broderick from megadeath and jag panzer

No
No. There are guys like Eddie Van Halen who can walk into a room and make all the other guitarists jealous, but there can never be a best guitarist ever.
What can we do with a canoe that will make people say, "Oh No, What's Wrong With Them?"
Quote by St.Loony
No

I agree with St.Loony on everything
If life gives you oranges, say "f*ck oranges" and bail.

Hey You!
Quote by dgme92
There will never be a "best" player, although imo Joe Satriani, Buckethead or Paul Gilbert are the only guitarists I've seen who excel at absolutely everything they do.

Yeah, but you see the have technical ability - yet lack massively in melodies, feel, song writing and the other end of the spectrum.

It is always one end or the other - and if any player is in that grey area in the middle.....well - it is ALWAYS opinion.
You disgusting fucker AToolCircle93.

*Reported*
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
Last edited by stef123 at Feb 22, 2009,
Quote by AToolCircle93
There is actually a list with a female guitarist 1st! I know eh?

if i save one person from this im satisfied....... lemon party status