Whats the best strat style guitar for the money?

There are a lot of strat copys, whats the most worth the money?

I'm looking to buy a new guitar.
Suggest any brand.

I'll spend up to $1,000
I think you could get an American standard for about that. And that would probably be the best "strat" you could get for the money.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Why not get a real strat for that much? i think you can get one
I was beaten to my answer
For the money? I'd say the pacifica is the best fir the money, but you are probably looking for the best quality for 1,000 dollars. So I'd say the standard strat, Blade makes some good guitars, but they have weird headstocks, and I like the vigier stuff.
i enjoy head
what do you want this strat for?
if its for like heavy stuff then one of the new charvels
if like blues and whatnot fender of some sort sounds good
Try a G&L Legacy, they are great strat style guitars and have one humbucking pickup . its a bit like a crossing of an Stratocaster and a Gibson Les Paul. If you think but Fender is better quality ... !Leo Fender founded G&L guitars.!
But they are really good quality so they arent cheap... But i think its beginning at 1000 bucks.
G&L Legacy Tribute guitars cost 500 bucks.
Just try one...
Check out Washburn's N line. Honestly, they're great. The N4 if your willing to spend a bit more for a much higher quality.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
the G&Ls seem nice.

I'll spend less than $1000.

I want a nice, very gigable guitar that I will use as my strat my whole life.

Idk if I want a fender...it seems like every one has a fender or a gibson.
I like to be different.

I've never played an american fender strat.

I'll have to go play one.
Quote by ILoveGuitar07
the G&Ls seem nice.
Idk if I want a fender...it seems like every one has a fender or a gibson.
I like to be different.

Don't be different for the sake of being different.
Quote by Oujou
Don't be different for the sake of being different.

everyone plays a strat.

idk just don't seem like my style.

I want to find something I LOVE, not just like.

I can't really decide.
Checkout the Godin Freeway classic got mine for $550 can . The parts are made in Canada and assembled in the USA. The guitar carries a life time warrenty on the guitar body and neck. All godin guitars have a double acting truss rod that allows you to both add and remove relief useing the truss rod. a friend of mine had his unstrung for about a year and the neck never moved.Don.t be fooled by the price,I went into the store intending to buy a strat in the $1200 - $1500 range and left with the Godin.
get a tribute by G&l s-500 or a G&L legacy, both blow the american strat out of the water. when i went shopping for a strat i played americans, deluxe players, and 50's reissues, and then i picked up the G&L s-500 and i bought it as soon as i had the money. Its truly a great guitar
get a 80s made in japan strat
beat the **** out of todays american strats
my mij strat ****s all over em at least
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Fender American Standard Strat is not a copy, its the real deal. But for a good copy, I would head over to www.guitarfetish.com and get an Xaviere 870. They pretty good for only $170
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Honeyburst
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Quote by Arzon
Fender American Standard Strat is not a copy, its the real deal. But for a good copy, I would head over to www.guitarfetish.com and get an Xaviere 870. They pretty good for only $170

I dont think he's looking to buy a $170 guitar..
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Quote by brandooon
I dont think he's looking to buy a $170 guitar..

lol, no not really, But i appreciate the posts.
I do want something higher end.

I've checked out the G&L guitars.
I think I'm going to have to play a bunch of guitars before I can decide if I like those.
I've never played one.

I want something anywhere from about $500-$1000.
i've got two american strats, a standard with texas specials and a deluxe hss. both are brilliant, i'd choose the standard if it really came to it but maybe that's for sentimental reasons.

i once played a G&L strat, it was the closest ever to the 'real thing'.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
the best strat for the money is a MIM fender strat and can be had brand new for way less then a grand.

if you looking to spend $1000 you should easily be able to find a very nice used american strat
Get a Carvin Bolt HSS with a maple top. It can beat the hell out of any Fender.
$1000 is more than enough for an American Strat. If you're looking to save money I've seen 1980s Japanese Strats for $400. I heard Fender closed that shop down because their quality was on par with the US models. Then you should spend the extra $600 on a Hot Rod Deluxe if you don't have a tube amp already.
IMHO, TS should be looking at the American Fenders (most likely the Special, I think the Standard is currently charting in at $1.2k). G&L's are great, but (1) I've rarely seen them around, and (2) the ones I have aren't much better than similarly priced Fenders. A lot of the non-Tribute series G&L's will cost you more than a Fender American Standard, and most are even more than a Fender American Deluxe. And the Tribute series are mostly made in Indonesia, now.

Quote by junglej25
$1000 is more than enough for an American Strat. If you're looking to save money I've seen 1980s Japanese Strats for $400. I heard Fender closed that shop down because their quality was on par with the US models. Then you should spend the extra $600 on a Hot Rod Deluxe if you don't have a tube amp already.

Well, that's only sort of right, Fender Japan now only markets to Japanese markets. CIJ Fenders are rarely exported to Europe and the United States, except for in the mid 80's when the Fullerton plant shut down and their Corona and Ensenada plants weren't open yet. They're still making Strats and stuff, they just sell them in Japan.

EDIT:
Quote by PapaSchumpf
!Leo Fender founded G&L guitars.!

Leo Fender also founder Fender, what's your point?
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Last edited by kangaxxter at May 23, 2011,
look into the charvel so cal model. great guitar from what ive heard, its got a floyd, and great pickups (all though its HH not HSS or SSS). one of my "buy that guitar" guitars on the list
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by Pac_man0123
Might I point out that this thread is over 2 years old?

seriously? ****, i didn't even check.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Try a G&L Legacy, they are great strat style guitars and have one humbucking pickup . its a bit like a crossing of an Stratocaster and a Gibson Les Paul. If you think but Fender is better quality ... !Leo Fender founded G&L guitars.!

Saying G&L is as good as fender just because they were founded by the same guy is like saying no one in America is racist because the president is black. A company is soooo much more than its founder.
Not that I'm saying G&L is worse or better than fender, I haven't played any G&Ls so wouldnt know.