Page 1 of 2
My Xbox 360 just broke down (three red lights) and im not sending it off to xbox and waiting one month for those assholes to fix it. Im thinking of buying one from argos and putting my old one in the box and refunding it. Im not sure if this will work but one of my friends did this a couple years ago and it worked.

Do you think this will work???????
maybe?
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
If you have the receipt, you can take them back to whichever monster sold it to you and ask for a replacement and they send it to microsoft and sell it again. Gamestation do anyway.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
I dont want to wait for ages for them to send it back to me and i bought mine like 2 years ago so i dont have the reciept.
Should of bought a Wii.
Rush Rocks

Quote by Braiton
If Beiber is our generation's Cobain I can't see how that is a bad thing.
Just make sure the shotgun is loaded.
Quote by nahutabnahutab
I dont want to wait for ages for them to send it back to me and i bought mine like 2 years ago so i dont have the reciept.

Unlucky. Ring the lovelies at Microsoft, tis the only way.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Just send it off. It probably won't take a month, ours took 2 weeks from being sent off to getting it back.

As for your plan, that's well... fraud.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by druggietoad2k5
Just send it off. It probably won't take a month, ours took 2 weeks from being sent off to getting it back.

As for your plan, that's well... fraud.

Yeah but i just ordered street fightre IV and dont want to wait 2 weeks!
Quote by nahutabnahutab

You throw out reciepts after a certain time period?
then you'll have 2 xbox's , so you'll give the spare one to me yes ????

edit ; never mind, you already said you'd ask for a refund =( xD
JacK!
Last edited by RHCPROCK! at Feb 22, 2009,
You don't need the receipt, the serial number and personal info tells all. Just send it off and get it fixed and be grateful. My Xbox got 1 red light = 1 year warranty = still broken, but I have to pay for a repair.
Quote by RHCPROCK!
then you'll have 2 xbox's , so you'll give the spare one to me yes ????

edit ; never mind, you already said you'd ask for a refund =( xD

No i wont coz im putting the old one in the box of the new one and refunding it.
Get a PS3.

But seriously, I've heard two solutions to your problem.
1) Wrap a towel around your XBox, so it overheats, for about 15 minutes, or until the RRoD disapears. It worked perfectly for a friend - I think it must "resolder" any loose connections.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/93227.html

2) Turn your XBox upside down so the heat doesn't heat up the solder point that causes RRoD.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Last edited by Simsimius at Feb 22, 2009,
Quote by Simsimius
Get a PS3.

But seriously, I've heard two solutions to your problem.
1) Wrap a towel around your XBox, so it overheats, for about 15 minutes, or until the RRoD disapears. It worked perfectly for a friend - I think it must "resolder" any loose connections.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/93227.html

2) Turn your XBox upside down so the heat doesn't heat up the solder point that causes RRoD.

1) How would overheating the xbox help. Isnt that how it broke in the first place. That would jut make the soldering melt even more.

2) One of my idiot friends tried that and it didd not wor.
Quote by nahutabnahutab
1) How would overheating the xbox help. Isnt that how it broke in the first place. That would jut make the soldering melt even more.

Someone's touchy today.
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

Quote by nahutabnahutab

1) Well, it works. So... ?!

2) I think it's more of a preventative measure - I should have said that in my original post. By changing the flow of the heat, you can prevent it building up over the area that causes RRoD.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Don't Argos have a no returns policy on electrical goods now?

EDIT: And if they do accept the return, you may well have to fill a return form with proof of address so they can get back to you if you've done something wrong. Like what you're proposing.
Quote by nahutabnahutab

Then where do you expect to get a refund from? I mean seriously...
Quote by nahutabnahutab
No i wont coz im putting the old one in the box of the new one and refunding it.

Oh I get it now. That is extremely childish and if you can't wait two weeks to play a game and are willing to break the law in order to do it then you have a serious problem.
Just send it back for crying out loud. Doesn't take that long, and you know it wont happen again...anytime soon anyway.
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

Quote by Death_switch
Then where do you expect to get a refund from? I mean seriously...

Im buying a new one and putting my old Xbox in to the box of the new one so ill have the reciept for the one i just bought so i will be able to refund it.
Quote by nahutabnahutab
Im buying a new one and putting my old Xbox in to the box of the new one so ill have the reciept for the one i just bought so i will be able to refund it.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fraud

Seriously.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by daniel.mycoe
Just send it back for crying out loud. Doesn't take that long, and you know it wont happen again...anytime soon anyway.

I dont want to send it back!
This has happened before and two to four weeks is way too long.
Ill let you know if this works.
Quote by nahutabnahutab
I dont want to send it back!
This has happened before and two to four weeks is way too long.
Ill let you know if this works.

I hope it doesn't work for you. It's only a few weeks, you can re-discover the outside world again. You're like a child who has had his juice taken from him by a very forgiving mother!
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Don't Argos have a no returns policy on electrical goods now?

EDIT: And if they do accept the return, you may well have to fill a return form with proof of address so they can get back to you if you've done something wrong. Like what you're proposing.

Im gonna put a wrong adress and a different name.
You do realise making a thread about it is possibly the dumbest thing you could of done?
Imagine if you get caught and this thread is discovered during the investigation
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I'd call you a crazy Brit, but your username seems to quite assure your sanity.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Epic username of pure epicness

To: Jesus=ConArtist
Quote by nahutabnahutab

You completely missed my proof of address bit didn't you? Do you honestly think that a company, who's legal and anti-fraud team are much smarter than you are, haven't thought of people giving fake addresses?
Quote by nahutabnahutab

I hope you get caught BIG time.

And I really hope Argos refuse the refund and insist you contact Microsoft. That way you'd have paid for a second XBox, and still have a broken one.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by nahutabnahutab

I'm gonna laugh at you if when you get caught.

But seriously...

I am.
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
Last edited by matt169 at Feb 22, 2009,
I used to work for argos,

If you take it back and ask for a refund and you bought it recently then they should do it specially if you bought any insurance however if you bought it a while ago, then no they wont they'll most likely say its a manufacturing fault and you need to contact xbox.

However you could try your luck you might get away with it.

As far as I know only the owner (aka you) can send it to xbox for repair as the warrenty belongs to you.
Quote by St.Loony
No

Should have got WoW

No.

Should have got social life.
Dumbass, you are an immature little dumbass. That is all I have to say
Quote by mr.happyman
lemme share something with you guys, if you wanna get chicks, all you gotta do is stand around and look metal. screw finding the chicks, once they see how metal you are, they'll be all over ya.
Quote by nahutabnahutab

When the GPU's in the Xbox reach a certain temperature they reset, solving your problem temporarily. However doing this melts internal components (yeah it gets that hot) causing more problems than you had before. In short, call the Raji's.
You do know it's only a game?

I mean seriously it's hardly that important and waiting 2 weeks is nothing compared to how long you'll have to wait if you get caught
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I'd call you a crazy Brit, but your username seems to quite assure your sanity.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Epic username of pure epicness

To: Jesus=ConArtist
Page 1 of 2