Page 1 of 2
I own two, and they are both great to play. One of them is the entry level Affinity P-Bass, and yeah thats not great, But the Standard Special P-Bass is better than basses i have played worth £400-£600.

So what does every have against squier basses?
Gear
Squier Standard Special P-Bass (Modding it)
Squier Affinity series P-Bass
Ashdown After Eight

Whishlist
Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders (P/J Set)
Kahler Bass Tremolo Bridge
Ashdown Mag 300 Head EVOIII
Ashdown Mag 410T Bass Cab
Who said anyone here has anything bad to say about squiers?

they are great basses for the money.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Theres nothing wrong with Squiers, I don't own one, but i've played a couple, people just assume that budget priced basses can't be as good, or they buy basses for the name, not for how they play.
Gear:
Musicman Sub Sterling
Yamaha RBXJM2
Ashdown MAG 300 Head + Ashdown 410T Cab
Bass Big Muff Pi
Korg Pitchblack
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Quote by shinhoman
Who said anyone here has anything bad to say about squiers?

they are great basses for the money.

x

My thoughts exactly, they are pretty good and the CV and VM series is on par with mexican fenders...
nothing, i have a squier special P-bass too...
and it is better than most basses of played even to the higher price brackets...

they are fantastic basses, also... what are you dong to your special, modding it-wise?
i might do the same... hopefully ill come into some money soon.
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Squier basses are okay.

Squier guitars on the other hand....
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
Yeah, but browsing these forums ive seen loads of people saying oh god never buy a squier. Lol. Atleast you guys agree with me.

I guess the haters must be talking about the guitars, not basses.
Gear
Ashdown After Eight

Whishlist
Quote by PikeyRyan
Yeah, but browsing these forums ive seen loads of people saying oh god never buy a squier. Lol. Atleast you guys agree with me.

It all comes down to personal preference...some guys don't like the fact that squier is a cheap sub brand of Fender...but I love them...
Squier guitars are poor. Im sorry but there are better starter guitars than those ie the Yamaha Pacifica. Squier basses are good however. My dad has a fretless bass (i hate fretless lol) but it has a good sound. The only complaint i have is its so neck heavy. You have to push down on your right arm when you play to keep it on your lap lol.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by SLD.Potato
Squier basses are okay.

Squier guitars on the other hand....

+1
Quote by elliott FTW
what are you dong to your special, modding it-wise?
i might do the same... hopefully ill come into some money soon.

Putting some seymour duncan quarter pounders in, Possibly some new Pots and mabye a new bridge if i can afford it. Was thinking about getting a Khaler Tremelo, But im not sure if its worth the money, and i hear it can totally mess up the tone?
Gear
Ashdown After Eight

Whishlist
Quote by leony03
Squier guitars are poor. Im sorry but there are better starter guitars than those ie the Yamaha Pacifica. Squier basses are good however. My dad has a fretless bass (i hate fretless lol) but it has a good sound. The only complaint i have is its so neck heavy. You have to push down on your right arm when you play to keep it on your lap lol.

Yeah. The Pacifica is a GREAT guitar though. I never noticed the neck thing before, but now youve told me a notice it lol.
Gear
Ashdown After Eight

Whishlist
Quote by leony03

What Squier is this??? all the Squiers i played P-bass special, VM Jazz,CV 60's P-bass, where all extremely well balanced
You must have been hanging in the guitar forums lol.

Squier basses are much better than their guitars and a few of the regulars own VMs. Bring up SX or Epiphones, and you may see a bit more contention about quality.
I've got a Squier Std Jazz, and it's a decent bass. Or, at least it could be with some modification *cough* graphtech hardware *cough*.
Nothings wrong with Squier, especially for the price. They just are, I don't know how to put it without seeming rude, but they are generally beginner instruments, not to be used at professional levels? Maybe?
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
They do have occasional QC issues, like any budget brand, but they do have good basses for the price.
Nope, no sig here.
I also have two but mine are guitars not basses. I have a custom tele and a bullet strat (wich i plan to mod the shi.t out of). When ever i say something about modding my squier on ug, everyone says get a better guitar, but modding it makes it unigue and mine.
Quote by PluckU
Nothings wrong with Squier, especially for the price. They just are, I don't know how to put it without seeming rude, but they are generally beginner instruments, not to be used at professional levels? Maybe?

I see what you mean, like, why buy a squier when you can have the fender equivilant.

I would rather have a a Squier tbh.
Gear
Ashdown After Eight

Whishlist
Squires are good. They get a little better with a "set up" job. Get even better with new pickups and electonics. The tuners are adequate but aren't great. The wood that they make the neck with is not really rigid. It bends pretty easy. Some luck out and get an allright one. Play an American Strat and you'll noticed a difference as soon as you pick it up.
AL
Quote by Mad Mike 829
I also have two but mine are guitars not basses. I have a custom tele and a bullet strat (wich i plan to mod the shi.t out of). When ever i say something about modding my squier on ug, everyone says get a better guitar, but modding it makes it unigue and mine.

Dude, go for it. I totally agree. Its no fun if you just buy with everything done the factory way.
Gear
Ashdown After Eight

Whishlist
Quote by Adam Loeke
The wood that they make the neck with is not really rigid. It bends pretty easy. Some luck out and get an allright one. Play an American Strat and you'll noticed a difference as soon as you pick it up.

Looks like i have been lucky twice
Gear
Ashdown After Eight

Whishlist
i dont know most people hate them because they feel cheap i dont hate them but i wouldnt buy them
Quote by F00dle
i dont know most people hate them because they feel cheap i dont hate them but i wouldnt buy them

The Affinity series feel cheap but the higher end squiers feel great especially the VM jazz with its maple neck
Quote by froggyman
The Affinity series feel cheap but the higher end squiers feel great especially the VM jazz with its maple neck

Yeah Jazz necks are awesome... I like i love the jazz neck, but i wanted the most versitality to, so i got the standard special. Jazz neck and both types of pickups! You cant go wrong realy.
Gear
Ashdown After Eight

Whishlist
Quote by PikeyRyan
Yeah Jazz necks are awesome... I like i love the jazz neck, but i wanted the most versitality to, so i got the standard special. Jazz neck and both types of pickups! You cant go wrong realy.

jazz necks are great but I have to say they aren't my cup of tea..they are too thin for my tastes..my hands seem to big for them..but nothing wrong with them just me haha
I see what you mean, like, why buy a squier when you can have the fender equivilant.

Equivilant is not the word really.
AL
The only thing i dont like about my bullet is the tremolo but i plan to replace it with a OFR
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.
Haha lol, my hands are pretty big, i can play on any neck, but the jazz neck just seems so easy compared to my Affinity P-Bass
Gear
Ashdown After Eight

Whishlist
Quote by Adam Loeke
Equivilant is not the word really.

Well yeah sorry Alternative then.
Gear
Ashdown After Eight

Whishlist
I've playing a Red Squier for 2 years (Bullet strat). I think it is a great guitar and great price! But I think when I have the money someday I will ad a Fender stratocaster to my collection! In my opinion there is nothing wrong with a Squier.
Quote by PikeyRyan
Looks like i have been lucky twice

I wasn't so lucky...
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
I wasn't so lucky...

Ouch... Can you just get the Truss Rod adjusted?
Gear
Ashdown After Eight

Whishlist
Quote by skayer
I've playing a Red Squier for 2 years (Bullet strat). I think it is a great guitar and great price! But I think when I have the money someday I will ad a Fender stratocaster to my collection! In my opinion there is nothing wrong with a Squier.

Yeah, just dont get a mexican, get an american standard
Gear
Ashdown After Eight

Whishlist
Quote by PikeyRyan
Ouch... Can you just get the Truss Rod adjusted?

Nope, it's maxed out, and I've got a washer under the truss rod nut already. At this point it's either find a new neck somehow, or rip the fingerboard off and put a better truss rod in.
Nope, no sig here.
Shiiiit....

And i waste two seconds of my life every time you post a message.
Gear
Ashdown After Eight

Whishlist
Also remember when trading up having the 'Fender' name on your instrument can usualy lead to a better deal.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Page 1 of 2