My new Ibanez SRX 350 i got for christmas has a serious problem..as soon as I stand up the it makes a crackly loud sound as if the input cable is being yanked out...but it is fine as long as i am sitting down..

Is it just the cable or is it the bass?
It might be how your holding it...

My oldest bass, a crappy knock off bass i sold on did it. It only happened when i held the kneck at a high angle. Try tilting the kneck downwards a bit.
Gear
Squier Standard Special P-Bass (Modding it)
Squier Affinity series P-Bass
Ashdown After Eight

Whishlist
Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders (P/J Set)
Kahler Bass Tremolo Bridge
Ashdown Mag 300 Head EVOIII
Ashdown Mag 410T Bass Cab
Try a different cable and see if you still have the same problem. If not, then it's just the cable. If it isn't the cable it's probably a loose wire on the input jack of your bass, or the input on your amp. If it's the amp or the bass, they're both easy and cheap to fix on your own.
Quote by las7
I had a past g/f that called me "bitch" while we had sex.
Any simular expirances UG users?
it'll be an electric problem somewhere, so don't yank the neck!
try with different cables, if it makes the same sound its a problem with the bass, probably just a frayed wire.
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
i had this happen to me before...in my case what happened is the end of the cable that's plugged into my bass had a broken connection that stayed in place when i was sitting but then once i stood up the added weight of the cable below the jack pulls it down and breaks the connection. try swapping the ends of the cable or unscrewing the end of the cable to check the connections
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
^ You probably won't have to exchange it, unless there's one there you like better...

If it's a problem with the bass, they should fix it. It's pretty simple thing to do...takes maybe 10 minutes.
Nope, no sig here.
look (if you can) at the wires around the jack, I had this problem and just had to move the wires a bit and it was fine after that and if they are loose, probably a quick soldering job
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by Mutant Corn
^ You probably won't have to exchange it, unless there's one there you like better...

If it's a problem with the bass, they should fix it. It's pretty simple thing to do...takes maybe 10 minutes.

yeah its more of a push comes to shove type thing that if i have to i will exchange it but...i kinda dont like the neck so im going to try out their p-basses anyway tomorrow

Quote by moody git
look (if you can) at the wires around the jack, I had this problem and just had to move the wires a bit and it was fine after that and if they are loose, probably a quick soldering job

Since I'm taking it in tomorrow, i'm not going to risk anything by poking around inside the bass
Quote by froggyman
yeah its more of a push comes to shove type thing that if i have to i will exchange it but...i kinda dont like the neck so im going to try out their p-basses anyway tomorrow

I'd try out everything, if I were you.
Nope, no sig here.