So. For this christmas (Yeah i know its a bit early to be looking forward to christmas) im going to save up all my money i get, and spend all my chrismas money, on a new amp (and COD Modern warfare 2 ofcourse )

I realy like and trust the ashdown brand, and i want 1 cab and a head (that makes it a half stack, i believe?)

Im not sure what to get. any pointers?
Gear
Squier Standard Special P-Bass (Modding it)
Squier Affinity series P-Bass
Ashdown After Eight

Whishlist
Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders (P/J Set)
Kahler Bass Tremolo Bridge
Ashdown Mag 300 Head EVOIII
Ashdown Mag 410T Bass Cab
The Abm, is really good, and i would choose it over the krylston, which is a bit overpriced for what it is. How much money do you think you will have. Theres also the Mags which are really solid, but have less tone controls then the ABM. The ABm is really warm and slightly woolly.

A Abm 4x10 would be great, but if the new US series comes out and you have lots and lots of money you could get one of those.

What im saying is go and try them all out and see what you like best. But Ashdown are reallyu good value for money, and theres alot of second hand ones out there if you want to save money.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Thanks for your help =)
Gear
Squier Standard Special P-Bass (Modding it)
Squier Affinity series P-Bass
Ashdown After Eight

Whishlist
Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders (P/J Set)
Kahler Bass Tremolo Bridge
Ashdown Mag 300 Head EVOIII
Ashdown Mag 410T Bass Cab
ABM is bit too woolly for my liking, but never the less, a fantastic head. the mag is clearer, but less warm.

EDIT: if youre looking at the ashdown abm series, also have a look at the hartke Hydrive cabs and LH heads. they look sexy and the price is great.
Last edited by jb_reborn at Feb 22, 2009,