okay. so, i was re-stringing my ibanez RG1570, which has a edge pro bridge. i put a folded towel under the bridge like i always do. then, the bridge jumped off the two screws that make it float. so my edge is basically broke. i took the strings out and took off the springs and now its sitting on my work table. i took off the two large screws to try and put it back in but it didnt work. any help?
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
it's not broken, just apart. look up an instructional on google to re-install it or something
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Put the locking studs (The pivot points around which it floats) back in. Screw them down a ways, but not so tight that the bridge won't slide in. Take off the springs from the bridge. Sit the bridge in its cavity. Make sure there are no strings locked into the tuners or bridge. I.e. remove all strings + springs.

Now get a new set of strings, and put the low E into it's tuning peg + wrap, then run it down the neck so its flat and not twisted. Lock it into place at the bridge, and tighten it using the tuning peg until there's some tension, but not a lot. Add one spring to the back of the guitar, inside the cavity. Rest the bridge so it's balancing on the studs where it floats. Now you should have one string, one spring. Tighten up the low E until it's tuned to E (This won't stay in tune, don't worry about that now).

Add the high E and tighten including adding a spring. Add the high B and low A in either order, then add another spring. Restring the remaining middle strings.
Then add the other spring, so you should have 6 strings, 3 springs. That'll probably be a good balance, you might need to add in another spring if you use heavy gauge strings.

Tune up and adjust your bridge until it's lying flat to the body.

THIS WILL TAKE SOME TIME. Be patient

Also, next time you're restringing, take ONE string off at a time and replace.
Last edited by Mazzakazza at Feb 22, 2009,
Quote by Mazzakazza
Put the locking studs (The pivot points around which it floats) back in. Screw them down a ways, but not so tight that the bridge won't slide in. Take off the springs from the bridge. Sit the bridge in its cavity. Make sure there are no strings locked into the tuners or bridge. I.e. remove all strings + springs.

Now get a new set of strings, and put the low E into it's tuning peg + wrap, then run it down the neck so its flat and not twisted. Lock it into place at the bridge, and tighten it using the tuning peg until there's some tension, but not a lot. Add one spring to the back of the guitar, inside the cavity. Rest the bridge so it's balancing on the studs where it floats. Now you should have one string, one spring. Tighten up the low E until it's tuned to E (This won't stay in tune, don't worry about that now).

Add the high E and tighten including adding a spring. Add the high B and low A in either order, then add another spring. Restring the remaining middle strings.
Then add the other spring, so you should have 6 strings, 3 springs. That'll probably be a good balance, you might need to add in another spring if you use heavy gauge strings.

Tune up and adjust your bridge until it's lying flat to the body.

THIS WILL TAKE SOME TIME. Be patient

Also, next time you're restringing, take ONE string off at a time and replace.

i did take one off at a time. but thanks mazzakazza, you are god!
Quote by jjennings216

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
Ohhh right. Well then I guess it was a lack of tension in the springs you had on then; try to roughly tune them as you go and this shouldn't happen.
Quote by Mazzakazza
Ohhh right. Well then I guess it was a lack of tension in the springs you had on then; try to roughly tune them as you go and this shouldn't happen.

it prolly was. but thanks again
Quote by jjennings216

Quote by sadistic_monkey