hey, so im going to get my lip pierced tomorrow. but the thing is, i cant have metal in at my job. my question is, after they pierce it, instead of putting a metal ring/stud in, can they just put a clear retainer in to let it heal, or does it have to be a temp ring?

Yeah man, just ask them to put a piece of wood (not plastic or any oil derivative) in there and you'll be fine!
no, you have to wait for it to heal before you can use a plastic retainer. They can't use wood either because of the infection risk.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I had the same problem when I had tears tattooed on my face and huge holes put in my ears.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
no, you have to wait for it to heal before you can use a plastic retainer. They can't use wood either because of the infection risk.

sssshhh

Wood man...go for it!
Why pierce your lips? It looks ugly.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Why pierce your lips? It looks ugly.

im not trying to impress you bro.
Quote by Brokntragedy
im not trying to impress you bro.

Nevermind. Noticed your name and user title. I know the type.

Go for it! It'll fit you perfectly.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I don't see why a plastic couldn't be used.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Quote by ScottElwood
I don't see why a plastic couldn't be used.

it can't be sterilized properly (there are ways to sterilize plastic, but it's beyond the means of pretty much any body art place you would go to) also it's been theorized to to breakdown and allow toxins to get in through the piercing.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm