I want to build a practice studio room inside my steel building shop and I am curious on how the temperature and humidity could effect my guitars.

Let me give you an idea on the room first. I am going to build a seperate room that will be fully insulated, along with drywall and carpet flooring. This room will actually be inside my steel building shop. I do plan to have a space heater and wall A/C unit to keep the room comfortable when actually using it. When it's not in use, temps could drop down to the very high 30's in the winter and top at around 100* in the summer, inside the room.

Could these temperature peaks and lows effect my guitars that would permenantly stay in this practice studio? Another issue could be humidity, since A/C's dry the air so much, could this be an issue also?

Last question, any ill effects to hanging guitars on the wall as their primary storage space when not in use?
Jackson KE1F
Jackson KE2
Gibson Gothic Explorer
BC Rich Jr V deluxe

Engl Powerball full stack
Framus Cobra
VHT Pittbull CL50
The peaks in temperature will effect your instruments. 100 degrees is definitely not going to treat your instruments well, and I hardly think temperatures in the 30s will be good for them either. I'd suggest keeping the instruments out of the room until you're practicing.
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
Temperature should always be a nice and comfortable 60F degrees in the summer and hot days and in the winter keep the heat at around 70ish as well as a humidifier in the winter.

Keep the guitars in cases INSIDE The room until you need them
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by sesstreets
Temperature should always be a nice and comfortable 60F degrees in the summer and hot days and in the winter keep the heat at around 70ish as well as a humidifier in the winter.

Keep the guitars in cases INSIDE The room until you need them

If you're telling him that the temperature needs to be 60-70 degrees, and TS has already stated that the room will be 30 degrees in the winter and close to 100 in the summer when not in use, why are you telling him to store his instruments inside the room?
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
Quote by Mlrc
If you're telling him that the temperature needs to be 60-70 degrees, and TS has already stated that the room will be 30 degrees in the winter and close to 100 in the summer when not in use, why are you telling him to store his instruments inside the room?

I caught that too, but I think he meant keep the guitars in their cases inside the house until needed. That just kind of sucks though, I'd have to bring my guitars out from the house to the shop, and into the studio room everytime I wanted to practice.

If it is really that hard on the wood of the guitars, and could cause some warpage or playing issues with them eventually, then I think I am going to look into a heating and cooling system and maybe just pay the electric bill to keep the room at proper temps year around.
Jackson KE1F
Jackson KE2
Gibson Gothic Explorer
BC Rich Jr V deluxe

Engl Powerball full stack
Framus Cobra
VHT Pittbull CL50