anyone have lesson to help me improved playing one string at a time . i never really practice that stuff cause i just dont know what to practice . i can play hundreds of punk rock song , metallica stuff like creeping death and master of puppets . anything fast and powerchords . some slayer riff too ..

but ask me to play one string at a time riff like weezer - surf wax america and i cant

it can be song or routine /warm up to help building this . video would be great . how did you improve this .

feel weird when i can play fast downstroke palmmuting like metallica stuff , but cant play whats my age again intro by Blink 182

i totally need help playing one string at a time .
so if anyone can help with song /routine suggestion ... would be really great .

Last edited by Skysc at Feb 22, 2009,
Nothing Else Matters, Fade to Black by Metallica (the intro solo to Fade to Black is pretty good for what you're asking)

Sweet Child O Mine, perfect to practice picking and string skipping

btw what you're looking for is not arpeggios, just licks. Arpeggios play the notes of a chord one at a time and one after the other.
Gear:
.Fender Classic Series '70s Stratocaster
.Peavey Classic 30
.Xotic BB Preamp
.MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
.Vox V847A Wah
.Boss RC-2 Loop Station
.Washburn WI-24 (first guitar )
All my mates played Streets of London, fingerpick style. I couldn't do that but I could get the same by waving the pick around, slowly at first, but gradually getting better, faster and more accurate at it.
Badge is good, too.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by randomhero93
Californication by RHCP and Under the Bridge.

those both have a lot of chords... I'd say otherside by rhcp and maybe Around the world
Quote by pwnagegnome
those both have a lot of chords... I'd say otherside by rhcp and maybe Around the world

but they also have arpeggios