Okay If you had to play the following arp:#

-------------------5-------------
----------------5----------------
-------------5-------------------
----------7----------------------
-------7-------------------------
--5-8----------------------------

Would you roll over all three of the 5th fret notes or would you just roll the last two 5th fret notes?
Quote by deaththrashcore
Fuck arpeggios. Why would you want to play anything other than power chords over and over and over agian?

Take it to the pit you retard.
Quote by Magnificoamar
Yeah, hammer on the 5-8, and roll the 7's and roll the 5's.

So you wouldn't play the first 5 and then roll the last two? You'd roll all three? Cause that's what i've been doing but i've just seen someone do it the way i've suggested and it seems better?
Quote by Ikonoklast

Would you roll over all three of the 5th fret notes or would you just roll the last two 5th fret notes?

Without any other context, I'd roll all those with the index finger. However, there are times when I'd do something different.

There's an important point here: you don't have to be a slave to the most "efficient" fingering. Sometimes, using a different fingering actually makes doing the same thing a lot easier in a different context. You'd be surprised how quickly your fingers can cover larger distances when they're trained to do so.
Quote by Ikonoklast
So you wouldn't play the first 5 and then roll the last two? You'd roll all three? Cause that's what i've been doing but i've just seen someone do it the way i've suggested and it seems better?

What do you mean when you say "play the first one and roll the last two"? Do you mean using a different finger?

I'd play the G string with my index finger tip and then roll that same finger to play the B and E string. I would call that "rolling" all three notes, but I'm not sure if this is what you're getting at.
Quote by Ikonoklast

Roll these with the 3rd finger.
Roll these with the 1st finger.

Why the fvck did I choose lime?
Last edited by mdc at Feb 23, 2009,
Quote by Metalhead_28
What do you mean when you say "play the first one and roll the last two"? Do you mean using a different finger?

I'd play the G string with my index finger tip and then roll that same finger to play the B and E string. I would call that "rolling" all three notes, but I'm not sure if this is what you're getting at.

I meant would you roll all three, or fret the first one, take your finger off, place it on the second 'fifth fret note' and then roll between that and the high e note. Nevermind this thread can be closed now anyway, i ust needed it clearing up!