So I really need a new guitar, I currently have a squier bullet. Im happy with it, but its really not great, it was good for when I started playing, now its just getting annoying. Im looking for something with good sound, with a low price tag. I prefer playing hard rock/harcore/metal or anything close to it. For example coheed and Cambria. Any suggestions? (no squiers please )
well if you love coheed as much as me, i suggest an explorer. ive played a few and they are awesome. i have a les paul that i absolutely adore. im pretty sure you can get an epiphone explorer or les paul for about 400ish im not sure. but somewhere around there. less if you get it used on ebay.
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
Budget please!

Look at Agile guitars.
You and I are mortal, but rock n roll will never die.
If you really love coheed check out the minarik medusa, http://www.minarikguitars.com/products.guitars.php?guitarId=10&guitarSeries=2&guitarcolorId=42
claudio sometimes uses it live, its about 700quid tho
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
First Act.
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
For a really low price to to a pawn shop and try out some low end Ibanez and Schecters. Great playability and great prices.
AL
id go schecter for sound but i dont know your budget so...they have a variety of price ranges. im sure youd be able to afford one that you like
Used Jackson Guitar.Ive seen them for under $300 on craigslist, and they keep coming up.
Quote by burnboy85
Used Jackson Guitar.Ive seen them for under $300 on craigslist, and they keep coming up.

+1.
What amp you got?
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
I looked at the schecter c-1, sweet sound and design and its not expensive at all
ESP M-400, liked the sound but I kinda like the c-1's a little better.
That Minarik medusa is sweet lol but it expensive and probably hard to find

Oh, and what the cheapest schecter guitar with good sound

Edit: I got a ****ty amp, fender 15r, planning on getting a better one. But i play alot at by friends house and hes got a massive orange tube amp and he has the sickest effects so i dont really need one.
Last edited by Steve921 at Feb 22, 2009,