I want to put a kahler tremelo on this 5 string but im wondering if i should install it because im worried of damaging it while routing into it. they dont sell this bass anymore. Any suggestions as to should i instal the kahler or not?

heres pics of the bass
the model is an rbx765a

This is all just a big lie so you can show off your awesome face.
http://www.myspace.com/echohead7

GUITARS
PRS SE Camo
Epiphone G400 SG
AMP
Roland Cube 30
EFFECTS
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Danelectro FAB Distortion
Digitech Whammy
Electro-Harmonix LPB-1

Quote by Mister.Y
Imagine your underwear.... naked.
I got a kahler literally 2 days ago.
But ye, don't do it yourself.
Seriously, no matter how well you think you can do it, there is alot of work involved.

I left mine with a luthier yesturday and he laughed when I told him I toyed with the idea of doing it myself.
If it's a flat mount cam system (Which I'm assuming it will be) it should only cost about 30/40 quid.
Quote by ccam555
I can see shades of Claypool in this boy.

thanks and yea les is alot why i want the tremelo
Is that a ukulele?

Definitely get someone to do it, if you're not experienced in this sort of thing.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Casketcreep
I got a kahler literally 2 days ago.
But ye, don't do it yourself.
Seriously, no matter how well you think you can do it, there is alot of work involved.

I left mine with a luthier yesturday and he laughed when I told him I toyed with the idea of doing it myself.
If it's a flat mount cam system (Which I'm assuming it will be) it should only cost about 30/40 quid.

yea i want to get a lutherer to do it but im worried of regreting it and permenantly damaging it
Last edited by F00dle at Feb 22, 2009,
It really depends on how much you thimnk your going to use, will it be a waste of money.. Who knows.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by ccam555
I can see shades of Claypool in this boy.

*anarkee goes to grab pink Gabby La-la wig and sitar*

Seriously--is this your only bass? If not, I'd go for it. If you want to get the Claypool, Fred Firth, Residents, Adrian Belew vibe in your playing, its going to be a plus for you.
Quote by anarkee
*anarkee goes to grab pink Gabby La-la wig and sitar*

Seriously--is this your only bass? If not, I'd go for it. If you want to get the Claypool, Fred Firth, Residents, Adrian Belew vibe in your playing, its going to be a plus for you.

its not my only bass, but its my best bass. also

what kind of kahler trem should i get and in what color?
^ They come in forward-saddle, reverse-saddle, and hybrid models...

I don't know a lot about them, though...
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
^ They come in forward-saddle, reverse-saddle, and hybrid models...

I don't know a lot about them, though...

I know the hybrid models are cheaper and more adjustable in terms of string spacing, etc. Other than that, I've asked about the difference between the three, especially between the forward saddle and reverse saddle models on multiple threads, but I still haven't gotten an answer.

Also, why have we gotten so many bass trem related threads recently?
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
I have no idea about the Kahler, but I'm glad to see someone else using an RBX765A. Mine's red though - how do you like yours?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
I have no idea about the Kahler, but I'm glad to see someone else using an RBX765A. Mine's red though - how do you like yours?

i like it better than sex. it plays really good. i saw a red one at guitar center the other day for sale used. thats where i got mine where did u get yours?
Quote by BrokenBricks
this is why vikings smashed weaker or deformed infants on rocks.