I think I might want to upgrade to a Roland cube Because I have heard them mentioned on here before. If I were to buy It i think I would get the smaller one. I'm looking for an Angus AC/DC sound. For the people that have one are they good for that?
The Cube by itself won't get you the AC/DC sound. Since The Cube's have such a full clean sound they respond really well to pedals. If you toss a ProCo Rat in front of it Boom!!! AC/DC.. kinda.
AL
I have a Dinosaur distortion pedal. Maybe that will work with the cube better than it does my 40 dollar amp im using at the moment.
I own a cube and was under the impression it didn't respond well to pedals. I think you can get a good ac/dc tone out of the cube without a pedal, just use
One of the like 8 models it can do. Ts, you should definately spring for the cube 30x, it's so much louder than the micro.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Feb 22, 2009,
Quote by Adam Loeke
The Cube by itself won't get you the AC/DC sound. Since The Cube's have such a full clean sound they respond really well to pedals. If you toss a ProCo Rat in front of it Boom!!! AC/DC.. kinda.

TROLL.

the cleans are the worst part of this amp, but even they are great. AC/DC would be good with classic stack and low gain settings.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by metallicafan616
TROLL.

the cleans are the worst part of this amp, but even they are great. AC/DC would be good with classic stack and low gain settings.

the micro cube cleans are lacking but the cubes with separate clean and lead channels have awesome cleans. the clean channel is modeled after the roland jazz chorus, which is a notoriously amazing clean amp. i think they did a decent job capturing it's sound in the cubes.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
I have a microcube, it has 3 clean channels, 3 distortion channels. i think that the JC model is the best clean, but the others aernt too good.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
I have the 30x. I'd recommend it over a smaller one. If loudness is your concern, the 30x has a "power squeezer" which can turn the amp into a 2 watt with the press of a button thereby keeping the volume lower. The Classic Stack amp model would probably be reasonably close to an AC/DC sound.
I thought that the power squeezer on the Roland Cubes were useless...
All solid-state amps sound the same whether the volume is at 1 or 10. That's what I think and I can get some good AC/DC sounds on my Peavey Vypyr 30.
It's a Roland...........just buy one!
Fender Roadhouse Deluxe Strat
Vintage Acoustic
Home-made 18 Watt all valve Marshall clone
Talent: zero (but trying)