i was wondering what bridges are a direct swap form the edge 3. or is the edge pro the only one?

and is there a trick to make the bar fit snug better in the hole?
This next band asked me to read this 'Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Molly Hatchet all had sex and now please welcome their two-headed baby 'Tenacious D '

myspace.com/dinosaur_sandwich
I didnt think edge pro fit?

I know OFR will most times and Gotoh does as well plus Gotoh is cheaper
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Ofr!
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You know what? We ARE convincing him to buy an MG Stack. I mean, who wouldn't want the CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, BRUTAL DISTORTION, BRUTALLY CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, and CRUSHINGLY BRUTAL DISTORTION, with built in digital effects!?
An OFR is a direct swap.

As for the bar, get the small allen key that came with the guitar and look at the back of the trem, behind the hole into which the bar is inserted you should see a small hole; you can sort of see it in this pic:

If you can't see it, depress the trem bar a little. Insert the allen key and turn it a bit, until the bar fits snugly.

If you haven't a clue what I'm talking about, refer to the manual that came with the guitar.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Feb 22, 2009,
oh thats just what people say.
so gotoh fits?
cause i was looking at them and they look good
This next band asked me to read this 'Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Molly Hatchet all had sex and now please welcome their two-headed baby 'Tenacious D '

Apparently edge pro does fit but you'd have to use the EdgeIII studs. There are cheaper options which yields the same result such as getting an OFR or a Gotoh LFR. Schaller doesn't fit.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by joshua.mcdonald
oh thats just what people say.
so gotoh fits?
cause i was looking at them and they look good

Yeah ive been told they fit perfectly might need a little sanding but other than that you should be good. They are supposed to last as long as an OFR too.

EDIT: OFR doesnt ALWAYS fit. Edge 3 routes arent always the same size.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
oh okay ill check it out, you mean the hole in the trem plate in back?

It's in the lower corner of the trem in the pic I posted.

It's perpendicular to the shaft into which the trem arm is inserted.
oh sorry, i know nothing about trems and junk
okay so
*tightnen the screw doobie,
*and ofr and lfr(gotoh) are direct swap out?

thanks

um does anyone else know about this hole?
i looked and couldnt find a hole perpendicular tot he whammy bar one.

so it has nothing to do with the hole in the trem plate with the screw directly underneath the bar?

also this is the floyd im looking at getting, would it work with a edge 3

Last edited by joshua.mcdonald at Feb 23, 2009,
Quote by joshua.mcdonald
um does anyone else know about this hole?
i looked and couldnt find a hole perpendicular tot he whammy bar one.

so it has nothing to do with the hole in the trem plate with the screw directly underneath the bar?

also this is the floyd im looking at getting, would it work with a edge 3

This shows the location. If you can't see it, depress the bar a little.

This works for an Edge III, though, but on an OFR style trem the arm is tightened in a different way.

Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Feb 23, 2009,
oh thanks i feel like a real Douglas bubble trousers now

but yeah ill try it out
thanks

Oh thats what that thing on the bottom is for

I had mine out of my guitar once and thought I broke it cause it looked like one went on the other side.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
haha also i just tried to do it but i dunno why but its like heaps under the trem, like i had to depress it all the way and still couldnt, should i just wait till the next time i change strings and have a good look?