So I am travelling to Inverness, Scotland in 10 days to work for 3 months and I will be in London for a day before my bus leaves for Scotland...so my question is....Does anybody have any suggestions as to things I could do or sites to see during this day? Any recommendations? Or for Scotland for that matter. And another question, I'll be flying through Heathrow airport and my mega bus departs from the Victoria Coach Station...can anybody tell me how far away the bus station is from the airport? Thanks guys!!!!!
The bus station is quite a way away, I think.
But a bus to Scotland from London? **** that's gonna take you a while.
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Eat lots of black pudding, it is the most sexual food ever (in Scotland). In London, I just suggest never letting go of your wallet and avoid all cockneys.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
London? Ummm

The London Eye
Buckingham Palace (Take a picture or something)
A red telephone box...

That's all I can actually think of right now. I'll edit when I think of more.
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
Go to the Saatchi Gallery.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Johnny Trash
The bus station is quite a way away, I think.
But a bus to Scotland from London? **** that's gonna take you a while.

yeah true, it's gonna take hair longer than my flight from the States actually.. but I'm thinking since it leaves at 11:30 at night I will be pretty exhausted from the day of walking around and sleep the whole time...
You have to go up the mountains in Scotland, it'll just blow your mind
Urinate in a phone box

Get some pie from an authentic London Pie Shop (mmmm)

Try not to get stabbed by chavs

Camden Market. Great fun and you can spend a whole day there, not to mention the amount of free tries they give you on the Chinese Food stalls. Easily reached by tube, too

Just make sure to avoid the natives in Scotland. They can misconstrue any action as hostility or homosexuality and will correct said behaviour with a vicious beating.
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Quote by daniel.mycoe
Eat lots of black pudding, it is the most sexual food ever (in Scotland). In London, I just suggest never letting go of your wallet and avoid all cockneys.

This brings up another question I was wanting to ask.... what can expect as far as shady characters? I will be around the city at night too... I just wanna be prepared the best I can..
Quote by Zolom
Just make sure to avoid the natives in Scotland. They can misconstrue any action as hostility or homosexuality and will correct said behaviour with a vicious beating.

Boy, I sure hope so
Quote by lipscombaaron
This brings up another question I was wanting to ask.... what can expect as far as shady characters? I will be around the city at night too... I just wanna be prepared the best I can..

Basically, if a gent comes up to you and doesn't use the actual word, but the word that rhymes with it, blow your rape whistle.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Quote by nigeltheginger
Urinate in a phone box

Get some pie from an authentic London Pie Shop (mmmm)

Try not to get stabbed by chavs

Camden Market. Great fun and you can spend a whole day there, not to mention the amount of free tries they give you on the Chinese Food stalls. Easily reached by tube, too

the sound of the Camden Market sounds intriguing...I'm gonna want to kill a lot of time!
Quote by Zolom

Hey! There's usually a five minute period of shouting abuse before any beating occurs.

But honestly, visit Edinburgh at some point. And while in Inverness could you also blow up their football stadium please? It would mean the club would have to go bust, and therefore make sure that Falkirk avoid relegation

Cheers
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
I'd recommend going to see the highlands of Scotland, specifically the Cairngorms. Go up the funicular railway on a clear day and look over the balcony of the centre at the top and just... wow.

EDIT: You should be ok on the 'shady characters' front in Inverness. It's too out the way for any real trouble like that.
Last edited by HamOfGod at Feb 22, 2009,
Quote by daniel.mycoe
Basically, if a gent comes up to you and doesn't use the actual word, but the word that rhymes with it, blow your rape whistle.

Ok, so I guess I better add 'rape whistle' to my list of things to purchase for my travels....

I always forget the obvious things
dont talk about any football teams, cuz if you're in the wrong part of town, you'll get ****ed.
Quote by HamOfGod
I'd recommend going to see the highlands of Scotland, specifically the Cairngorms. Go up the funicular railway on a clear day and look over the balcony of the centre at the top and just... wow.

EDIT: You should be ok on the 'shady characters' front in Inverness. It's too out the way for any real trouble like that.

Yes I do plan on experiencing the highland to the fullest as I will be spending most my time there..... And to the poster above....maybe I'll wait till I have citizenship before I blow up any monuments
Quote by bchig
dont talk about any football teams, cuz if you're in the wrong part of town, you'll get ****ed.

This is especially true in Glasgow. If you go into a pub and say the wrong team, you'd better leave pretty damn quick.
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Quote by lipscombaaron
Yes I do plan on experiencing the highland to the fullest as I will be spending most my time there..... And to the poster above....maybe I'll wait till I have citizenship before I blow up any monuments

yeah, i wasnt too concerned with Inverness crime as much as I am London.. Its a really big city and I will be there an entire day on foot with a duffle bag of goodies... I hope to find the bus station early enough so I can lock up my bag or something so I can enjoy myself leisurly..