How did you get into it?

How often do you compose?

What do you compose?
Call me Batman.
Improvise some ****, then when there's a riff then you compose something out of it and continue from that riff.

Im currently composing a song but that isnt finished yet. I started with the rhythm then add something to it.

When you dont have inspiration, just wait, something's gonna pop out just like that when you wont know.

thats what I do.
1) As soon as I was good enough
2) Everyday if I can
3) Usually guitar pieces but I also include piano, bass and sometimes orchestral arrangements.
1 was in a band and no1 else could be bothered
2 whenever i have spare time
3 improvise and if it sounds good write it down and improvise something else that sounds good with it until you've got a song
1. whenever you have a melodic riff or lyrical backbone to work off of, you have to start with one or the other
2.as much as i can
3. play your heart out. and learn a little bit of theory. i just started theory and my composing has reached new heights, learn your theory. make sure the lyrics or the melody reflect what the song is about.
Blaze Blaze Blaze, blaze that purple haze

DaeWoo Lanous MuthaF**A!-red from pinapple express

Whatever Flavor it happens to be-shism tool
Er, guys, these are personal questions, I know how to compose etc. I just wanted to see what you guys do and what inspires you.
Call me Batman.
Quote by J.A.M
Er, guys, these are personal questions, I know how to compose etc. I just wanted to see what you guys do and what inspires you.

Yeah some of the responses were kinda confusing me.
Whenever I get inspired. Sometimes its hearing a song, sometimes its an instrument. My mom bought an acoustic bass and I have been playing around on it trying to come up with something cool to record. Also however I am feeling at the time plays a big role as well.
I actually spend more time composing than I do jamming nowadays. I started off wanting to jam and play blues rock and now I'm at my computer composing more than I am jamming.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.