I'm just posting this because I truly feel it needs saying.

THERE IS NO BEST. Providing a list of vastly different guitars and asking what is best is like asking which flavour of pie is best. We all have different tastes and needs. What is good to someone is crap to someone else, and you are just showing your idiocy by giving no specifics and saying 'which is best?". If you expect helpful advice, explain what you need.

[/minirant]

Sorry about that, I'm just sick of topic after topic of "what's best?" and then having a bunch of metalheads coming in and suggesting their expensive Floyd-equipped 24-fret shred machine, then the TS coming in and turning out to play Jazz or something else Those kinds of guitars are awful for.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Thankyou. This is true, although a more elaborate rant would have been welcome and I feel due to its pointlessness this thread is about to close ^^;
But yeah. "Which guitar is best" is a somewhat redundant question unless you're comparing very similar guitars and there tend to be too many variables to come to an objective conclusion.
ur mom
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
I love the randoms lists of guitars that are accompanied by no other information.I don't know how many times I've had to ask something like "What's your budget? What's your amp? What styles do you play? What features do you want?".Those and the new pup threads when the TS is playing a starter guitar through something like an MG kinda get on my nerves.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Well some guitars do have an obvious difference in value for money that the TS doesn't always see, so if they provide all the info of what they're looking for e.t.c i don't see the problem.
There will never be a guitar that will satisy everyone.

Some people love Gibsons, others don't. Some people love Fenders, others don't.

I personally do not like Ibanez but a lot of people do.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by leothefro
Well some guitars do have an obvious difference in value for money that the TS doesn't always see, so if they provide all the info of what they're looking for e.t.c i don't see the problem.

+1

i agree that a lot of it is personal preference, and those threads where no info is given are annoying, but we can point out which guitars are often poorer value for money, which have iffy hardware which will wear out, etc. etc.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The best guitar is expensive, has a Floyd, 24 frets, and is a shredding machine.....
Jackson KE1F
Jackson KE2
Gibson Gothic Explorer
BC Rich Jr V deluxe

Engl Powerball full stack
Framus Cobra
VHT Pittbull CL50
who needs guitar when you can play cowbell
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
Wangcaster?!??!?! Anyone?!?!?
He called me a rapist and a recluse! Iam not a recluse!
-Mike Tyson
yes i agree. Especially in the feel department, it's personal preference.

in tone however, i'd like to disagree. If you are playing by yourself to yourself, it doesnt matter. however, if you are playing for people, you really dont want to sound like crap and look like a jackass for ****ing everyone's day up with ****ty tone. just because you like it doesnt mean it's good.

Best tone could be the type that most people prefer to hear. if you want people to like you, you gotta sell out a bit you know? or else you'll look stupid with your ****ty stupid ass tone that you think is good, which makes you tone deaf or retarded (that's waht people will think).
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Alright. Go do a poll of everyone in the world and find out which kind of guitar suits the ear the best. Sound is as much preference as feel. Some people hate distorted single-coils. Others love them. Some despise anything coming out of a P-90. Others will play nothing else. Some think tele Zoso is better. Others prefer Les Paul Zoso. It's all preference.

well i'm saying that if youre playing for metal heads, youre tone better be metally whether or not you like it. same goes for pretty much any other genre. it can be a bit personalized, but like jazz with high gain distortion or heavy metal on clean is no good. I get what you mean though and i agree, just saying that whether you like it or not, some people may hate your tone and that you gotta find a right tone for your audience.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Hmm...fair enough. I have heard one band who's guitarist had the audacity to play drop-D metal on a hollowbody though, and it sounded good too, so I'm going to go ahead and say that even so, with the right amp, maybe pedalboard and possibly pickup(s), anything is possible.