A better name for it would be nice if you come up with one. I have put my microcube into two 2 2x8 cabinets (one speaker each though). Any questions are welcome .

my gear:
Epiphone LP standard
roland microcube
Last edited by goshinbi at Feb 22, 2009,
what does it sound like without the stock speaker ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Sound clips needed.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
' Roland quite big but not big enough to be massive and not small enough to be micro, cube.'
GEAR
________

Jackson RR3 w/ Dimebucker
Epiphone G400 Extreme
Marshall Mg30 Dfx (It does the job),
Kelry Sinister Strings, 10 - 52's
Dunlop Jazz III's or Dunlop purple 2.00 tortex(sharpened).
sorry about how the pics kept changing. Photobucket hates me.
@mikey considering I paid 5 dollars for the speakers at a garage sale not bad
@baby joel sorry no mic
@Skierinanutshel I know, I should wire it better.
my gear:
Epiphone LP standard
roland microcube
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Do the impedances of the speakers even match up to the amp?

yes, the two 8ohm speakers are wired in series so the resistance is 4ohms, which is what the original speaker had.

EDIT: I meant wired in parrallel.
my gear:
Epiphone LP standard
roland microcube
Last edited by goshinbi at Feb 22, 2009,
two 8 in series equals 16 doesn't it ? to get to 4 you'd have to wire them parallel.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Macrocube hasn't been a thought for anyone else?
Last edited by inkandlead at Feb 22, 2009,
Quote by inkandlead
Macrocube hasn't been a thought for anyone else?

that's not bad. Any other suggestions. BTW I love the extra bass this gives me but the s**t speakers can't produce high pitches well at all.
my gear:
Epiphone LP standard
roland microcube
Quote by goshinbi
yes, the two 8ohm speakers are wired in series so the resistance is 4ohms, which is what the original speaker had.

EDIT: I meant wired in parrallel.

I in no way man to hijack this thread... You guys know who Jess Oliver is? Designed the Ampeg portaflex in the 60's then started his own company? Anyway. I have one of his amps that he fixed for me but impedance isn't listed. When I asked him what it was he said "oh you could drop it down to 2 ohms if you wanted" ultimately implying that it didn't really matter. And that was that. I still have no idea what the impedance is.

Really weird that you're losing some high end in "bigger" speakers. Perhaps you should also wire it up to the stock speaker as well?
thats pretty cool dude! I like it!
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by inkandlead
I in no way man to hijack this thread... You guys know who Jess Oliver is? Designed the Ampeg portaflex in the 60's then started his own company? Anyway. I have one of his amps that he fixed for me but impedance isn't listed. When I asked him what it was he said "oh you could drop it down to 2 ohms if you wanted" ultimately implying that it didn't really matter. And that was that. I still have no idea what the impedance is.

Really weird that you're losing some high end in "bigger" speakers. Perhaps you should also wire it up to the stock speaker as well?

I'm not sure why either. I think it may just be the poor quality of the speakers. I may get around to putting some decent speakers in it a some point just to see.
my gear:
Epiphone LP standard
roland microcube
I think i'd name it Megacube. Or That Giant Amp.

Whichever works.

Also, if you're losing high end, maybe swap out the cap you're using?
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.