Hey guys. I'm a freshman in college and I'm majoring in Accounting. I'm doing fine in my Accounting class now, but I am doing a research paper for my English class. I need to write it on a social issue dealing with my major. So I was wondering, what kind of social issues are there with Accounting? I cannot think of any, so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Enron? Madoff Scandal. There are lots of big time social issues that are going on now about 'ethics' of accounting and business.
Ibanez Xiphos 7 String
Carvin V3 Head
Randall RH300G3
Randall 2x12-1x15 Straight Cab
Randall 4x12 V30's Angles Cab
Just watch Fun with Dick and Jane (if you can sit through the whole movie)
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
i do in fact know two things about accounting

it has something to do with money and banks
it starts with a
I guess alot of accountants like to count money. Like jews. Write about jew's social problems.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
You could write about how my brother (trainee accountant in his 2nd year) is on his final warning for going on the internet whilst on the job, whilst the new guy is on the internet 24/7 and they're just turning a blind eye to it. I pretty much got an essay about this the other day.
How, it is slowly becoming unnecessary due to technology?
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by StonaLemons
You could write about how my brother (trainee accountant in his 2nd year) is on his final warning for going on the internet whilst on the job, whilst the new guy is on the internet 24/7 and they're just turning a blind eye to it. I pretty much got an essay about this the other day.

sup bro.

@TS - Uh. I'm not sure what you mean really. Companies have to think about certain social issues such as the morale of their workforce, or making sure the local community/and their customers are happy, but I dunno about accountants?
kinda off topic but do you like accounting? I'm a freshman in college and I'm currently an engineering major. its hard as hell and i'm not sure I wanna stick with it. I was thinking about switching into the school of business (accounting, finance, etc....)
Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.

"I am Jack's complete lack of suprise"
Quote by SomethingWild
kinda off topic but do you like accounting? I'm a freshman in college and I'm currently an engineering major. its hard as hell and i'm not sure I wanna stick with it. I was thinking about switching into the school of business (accounting, finance, etc....)

I'm sorry man, but I wouldn't suggest it, you have to think about the economy and availability of jobs after you are out of college. Accounting is just becoming less and less relevant and fewer people are becoming necessary for it. I'd suggest doing something that someone needs if you don't have your mind set on doing something.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by SomethingWild

I know that question isn't directed at me but I will answer it anyway. I want to major in international business administration. Out of all my business classes the one that I find least interesting is accounting. Of course it's all subjective so it can be different for you.
Black is good, red is bad. You're welcome.
Quote by captaincrunk
You are a slave who is looking for a master, and I hope he beats you.

Quote by rmr024
Toaster ovens are fucking amazing, I don't really see where you were going with that...