I know most people will agree that it is wrong to illegally download music, now my question is:

Do you consider it still wrong to download the music if all of the members of the band are dead or split up? in other words: no one in that band will profit at all from you purchasing the cd.

your thoughts? i dont illegally download music, i was just curious.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by conor1148
I know most people will agree that it is wrong to illegally download music,

I disagree

and no.
their royalties go to their family or a chosen charity
Quote by output24
Haha, owned!
U win fender.

Quote by wiggy1988
teacher- Some slave owners would fight duels using their slaves
Me- So, sort of like Pokemon with people..Black man, I choose you!
Quote by fender-lespaul
their royalties go to their family or a chosen charity

I doubt this.
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
They don't make money from selling albums anyways, bands usually encourage you to download illegally. Record labels make money from the albums, bands get fans from illegal downloading. Think about this, would you be a fan of half the bands you like if you had to go and buy their album to listen to them? Probably not. Bands make money from live shows, mostly. But for what you're asking, it's illegal no matter what, because the record label would still get all of the money.
oh ok, i didnt think about the families, i just figured it went to a big CEO's pocket
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
i dont think its wrong to download music whatever the circumstances.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by punkrocker10115
I doubt this.

some bands donate all royalties to charities for some songs. although it is mainly used for publicity
Quote by output24
Haha, owned!
U win fender.

Quote by wiggy1988
teacher- Some slave owners would fight duels using their slaves
Me- So, sort of like Pokemon with people..Black man, I choose you!
Quote by Limons
They don't make money from selling albums anyways, bands usually encourage you to download illegally.

Think about this, would you be a fan of half the bands you like if you had to go and buy their album to listen to them?

To #1, I have a counterexample - Metallica

To #2, I have never illegally downloaded any CD, having to buy them at stores in no way hinders my opinion of a band.

You fail
Quote by Normul

What????
My gear:

- Squier Stratocaster

- Fender 15G

-Crappy First Act