Hey guys, which would be better for me to sell my MG at?

Let me just describe my local shop. They have quite a lot of guitars, but don't have many NEW amps. They have a Crate v18 and a bunch of old solid state Fenders and crates. It seems like they would need some new amps.

Now lets compare. I can probably sell my MG for around $400 - $500 on eBay, but it would take longer to sell it and I would have to talk things out with the buyer. The local shop will take it right away, but I am not sure how much money they would give me for it.

Which one do you think would be better to sell my amp to? I am still waiting to get rid of that dreaded MG half stack.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
why not just call up the shop and ask? describe it to them - condition, price new and so on
Gear List:
Ibanez S320
Lavey LV200
Squier Stratocaster Affinity HSS
No-Name Wesley Fat Strat copy
Peavey Rage 158
You'll get maybe 2-300 bucks from a shop, at most. On Ebay you might get 400. I'd put it up on craiglist.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Tip:

DO NOT call the local shop at which you intend to (maybe) sell your amp, call another to get an estimate, first reason: if you would try to haggle some more cash out of it, the guy, knowing you were interested beceause he gave you numbers on the phone will not be prone to highen his sum.

Second reason: if the estimate you were given hands you a point to haggle (the other offered more) well you'd have hell of an argument, assuming you would not be as dumb as basically saying ''well I can go somewhere else and get more'' cause he'll probably tell you to get the **** out, try to be subtle. The more you seem to know your equipment, the less ways he'll have to rip you off.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Most local shops just go on eBay then offer you less than what they're going for on there.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I have had so much better luck on craigs list. Ebay does work usually, but i'd try to sell it on craigs list first, its free to.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Agreed with craigslist, try there first.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
sell through your local shop on consignment/commission. best of both worlds (well, kinda ). you don't have the hassle of ebay, and you don't get completely gipped with a trade-in price, either. only problem being, you have to wait for someone to actually buy it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I will go with Craigslist then.

Before I made this thread I called the shop that had the amp I wanted, and they didn't accept solid state amps.

I will try craigslist.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.