So just got my blackstar HT-5 head with marshall 2x12 cab. Amazing, love it.

I just need a pedal for that little extra push, i'm on the drive channel, strumming away when a solo comes. Just need that lil bit more volume and output. Little more "enugh" for solos.

basicly a lead boost.

I'm staying in the blackstar camp, ive heard very good things about there line of valve pedals. So theres either the Ht - boost. What exactly would this do? It could be what im looking for? Or am I better of with the distortion pedal as a lead boost, or would overdrive be more effective??

Heres the link

thanks
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Yeah, that pedal looks good. You could also look into an MXR Micro Amp or the EHX LPB-1.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, that pedal looks good. You could also look into an MXR Micro Amp or the EHX LPB-1.

what one? Boost or dist?

also heard EQ pedals could give a boost? raising the mids?
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
The boost pedal. And When I boost with an EQ, I just use the volume slider as my boost and I usually leave the rest flat, with maybe a touch of mids to taste.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
MXR Micro Amp is what I've got, but I put it infront, and use it to drive the amp harder.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Quite honestly, the Blackstar pedals are utter sh*t. Noisy, lacking in clarity, and one-dimensional. If you're in that price range, look at a Tech 21 Sansamp GT2. Or you can use an OD such as a Bad Monkey or TS-9 as a boost (Level on 10 and Gain/Drive on 0). The LPB-1 will start to add gain about half-way up, and can cause some clarity issues as such. It also tends to add a bit more volume than desired. If you use an OD as a boost, it's more of a dynamic boost than a volume boost, which is generally what one wants (imo) for solos.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
In another thread I was talking to Erock (another user here on UG) in another thread and he said it sounds great boosted with his BB Preamp. So yea...there's a suggestion.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals