i bought a peavy raptor as a project. there was nothing wrong with it, i just wanted to try a complete rebuild, but since i put it back together the thing won't stay in tune for more than 5 minutes. i set the intonation when i put it back together, and it has all new hardware on it. there is no fret buzzing either. is it possible the neck needs to be shimmed? if so where can i find the specs on neck spacing? any other ideas?
locking tuners? even though you did just buy new hardware...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
could get locking tuners, grover are good
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
How long have the strings been on there? If you just put them on, it could be up to a few days before they're fully stretched out and will stay in tune for extended periods of time
Quote by tjfishrocker
Coolcat i want to make love to you right now.

Quote by Natrone

Anyone else see the irony in smashing a guitar that says "peace and love" ?
@inkandlead: same difference, since we're not talking about pedals. and edit button.

however, good point. if it has a trem, locking tuners are a MUST.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
@inkandlead: same difference, since we're not talking about pedals. and edit button.

however, good point. if it has a trem, locking tuners are a MUST.

Actually what I was getting at was that technically it is not a tremolo. Its a vibrato. Tremolo is a volume effect not a pitch effect.

Anyway, locking tuners or not are you sure the bridge is set up properly?
Quote by Mitchell?
It could be the nut.

you think the nut might be moving a slightly when i play you mean?
Quote by inkandlead
Actually what I was getting at was that technically it is not a tremolo. Its a vibrato. Tremolo is a volume effect not a pitch effect.

yes, i know this. but when talking on the guitar rather than with the electronics, more people actually understand tremolo.

@ts: the nut isnt moving, the strings are binding in it.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
Did you put ****ty hardware on it? It could be that you bought tuners that are ****, you got ripped off, or they're just plain defective.
Quote by conor1148
who cares if they're drawn,

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Modded Johnson Stratocaster
Quote by inkandlead

And Leo Fender's famous misnaming of his "synchronized tremolo" design has not helped the issue.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
^actually, i believe that created the issue in the first place
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking