when my wife and I found out that we were pregnant with twins (actually, SHE was pregnant, just to get that clear), I sold all my Magic The Gathering garbage to outfit a nursery without any questions or regret.

However, for Christmas, I received a guitar (From what I gather. An Epiphone Junior Model).
My primary goal is to do video game covers.

Here's the problem. due to work obligations and the mind-boggling (yet rewarding) job of taking care of twins. I have had little to no time to run to the garage and try out my new toy.
So far, all I have done is stick 4 pins on the guitar strap.

I know that finding numerous video game tabs are next to impossible to find.

On top of that, my only experience is unsuccessfully playing the banjo in Afghanistan.

Are there any quick and easy exercises to learn the guitar? How do I go about even STARING to play the guitar, I have no idea where to start.
Last edited by PK Hurley at Feb 23, 2009,
There's a pretty new and very good series of articles on here called the ultimate guide to guitar by zeguitarist(?) go to the homepage put in ultimate guide and search columns.
dont start off with video game tabs, the good ones are very tricky. I would definately advise getting a teacher, just one hour a week, youll progress infinteyl faster than you would alone. good luck man

EDIT: if you dont have a teacher do what he said above^
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
someone gave a grown man a guitar for christmas? You played banjo in Afghanistan? I'm not really sure where to start. I finding some tabs and playing in your spare time would be as good as anything.
I read that and I almost died of LAWLZ. Selling Magic cards to wanting to play video game covers and playing a Banjo in Afghanistan? You Sir, are made of pure win...
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS, on the babies. I've got a little boy, (as you might have guessed from my user name), who's almost 18 months. Being a dad is the greatest.
You're gonna love it.
There's my way and the wrong way.
I tried Gametabs a while back, and I couldn't find a whole lot for anything Megaman, at least anything I haven't seen beyond MM2, MM3, and bits and pieces of MMX 1-3 scatted about.
they had a tab from Megaman 9, which made me super happy...I think it was Jewel Man's stage, it's looks near undecipherable. Then again, I'm the F.N.G.

If I recall, they are a storehouse for anything Squaresoft.
Start learning basic chords and learning where every note is on the fretboard. Its easier than you think. I'm in Iraq right now and I'm learning more stuff here than I did back home. Just got to be patient and the stuff will become easier everyday as you progress.
Quote by BlackIce87
I read that and I almost died of LAWLZ. Selling Magic cards to wanting to play video game covers and playing a Banjo in Afghanistan? You Sir, are made of pure win...

my thoughts on this exactly
Marshall 50 Watt Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD