Hi

I'm currently looking for a new amp
I play usually metal like Metallica, Megadeth, Iron maiden and other stuuf like that
I want something under 700$

And of course i want the best one

what do you have to say?
Quote by hellsrocker
Hi

I play usually metal like Metallica, Megadeth, Iron maiden and other stuuf like that

what do you have to say?

best metal amp..Engl SE approx 4k

you on the other hand should get a crate v30 and it will cost you 300 dollars or something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp8V7WIuY3k&feature=related
Last edited by DegaMeth at Feb 22, 2009,
if you dont mind looking used, then a marshall JCM900 is the best you could get for those genres and budget.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by hellsrocker
Hi

what do you have to say?

You could check out a Randall half stack, I think they make a Kirk Hammett signatures
Quote by bradulator
Iceland has the coolest women.
^at this price range, stacks are not gonna be the best option
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
isnt there a thread like this every 2 hours? seriously? also the used JCM is a great idea.
Used 5150
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
Quote by DegaMeth
best metal amp..Engl SE approx 4k

you on the other hand should get a crate v30 and it will cost you 300 dollars or something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp8V7WIuY3k&feature=related

er....no.
with $700 bucks he can get an actual metal amp, not just an amp thats capable of doing metal.

other guy...don't have Randall experience, eh? the KH sig is over budget and disappointing.

randall rg-50TC, used mesa DC or f-30, marshall JCM 800 or 900, bugera 6262, used peavey 6505 combo, etc.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
if you dont mind looking used, then a marshall JCM900 is the best you could get for those genres and budget.

wow, i didn't think it was the best at that price range

I bought thinking it would be good for that stuff, not the best (for the price range still)

alhtough i think a 5150/6505 would be better for more brootal stuff
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Check used, RM100 by randall. Ive seen a few go at around $700. They make a kirk hammet module, among many other modules. Check your local craigslist.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Quote by acdclandon
wow, i didn't think it was the best at that price range

I bought thinking it would be good for that stuff, not the best (for the price range still)

alhtough i think a 5150/6505 would be better for more brootal stuff

well, most of the bands he listed used marshall JCM's of some sort, and i think a 5150/6505 has more gain than he needs and doesnt have the british, thrashy sound he wants. it would be good, but i think a jcm800/900 would do him better.
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Quote by theoreticmusic
er....no.
with $700 bucks he can get an actual metal amp, not just an amp thats capable of doing metal.

other guy...don't have Randall experience, eh? the KH sig is over budget and disappointing.

randall rg-50TC, used mesa DC or f-30, marshall JCM 800 or 900, bugera 6262, used peavey 6505 combo, etc.

I'm not much of a Randall guy, I just saw that he wanted a Metallica sound so I put 2 and 2 together :P
Quote by bradulator
Iceland has the coolest women.
Quote by theoreticmusic

+1 and the new 6505+112 combo is reported to start at $500 new. TS - check your local craigslist for the used options.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by sg622
^supposed to be like 720 new.

well i think that 720 is the MSARP or whatever, but the actual street price is gonna be lower. not sure though
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
that 6505 112...does that have the same amount of tubes as the head? Wouldnt that mean less gain? Not that you need 1/2 the amount on a 6505, i normally go to 4.5 on the crunch channel.
Quote by DegaMeth
that 6505 112...does that have the same amount of tubes as the head? Wouldnt that mean less gain? Not that you need 1/2 the amount on a 6505, i normally go to 4.5 on the crunch channel.

I think only the power amp section is different, and all the gain in that amp is in the preamp.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.