I have recently broke my high E string for the eigth time since I started playing, and I decided to switch to 11's to get less string breakage and hopefully have my guitar stay in tune better.

I have heard that when you change string guages, you have to adjust the truss rod.

If I am going from 10's to 11's, will I have to adjust the truss rod or will I be fine just leaving it?
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
you'll probably need to, but its a case by case kinda thing.
LifeSucks
PeopleDie
F*ckTheWorld
LetsGetHigh
It depends what kind of guitar you have. Different guitars can react in different ways to a change in gauge. Whatever you do, don't go messing around with the truss rod unless you really know what your doing.
I have an Epiphone SG G-400. I figured I shouldn't mess with the truss rod if I don't know what I am doing, so that is why I came here.

So yeah, what should I do if I have an Epiphone SG G-400.
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
Any help?
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
You'll only have to adjust it if you feel or see in difference in the neck. I dont think going up one guage should matter, but like they said, its a case by case kinda thing.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
If you want to play with 11's most of the time, it would probably be a good idea to set it up specifically for 11's. There would probably be a slight adjustment of the truss rod needed. Your guitar won't explode or be destroyed by going up a gauge though. You could just buy single .011 E strings to use with an otherwise standard set of 10's. The tension increase would be very slight.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
Quote by Free to Guitar
You could just buy single .011 E strings to use with an otherwise standard set of 10's. The tension increase would be very slight.

This would probably be the smartest, easiest and cheapest idea if you like the feel of the .10's.

Just go to your local guitar shop and buy like 10 E strings, most shops have a bunch of extra strings lying around.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...