I am planning on buying an electric guitar and amp from proguitarshop.com. This will be my first time ordering a guitar and amp online. I realized proguitarshop is located in California, while I live in New Hampshire. Do you think it is risky to order a guitar and amp online and have it shipped across the country? It is winter, and pretty cold in the Northeast. I mean, I would take the guitar and amp inside and let them sit in their boxes for a while so the temp change wouldn't be as drastic. I just don't want to place an order if there is a good chance of damage from the cold, or shipping damage due to the long travel. I realize that shipping damage can always happen, but am I asking for trouble? Thanks everyone. Your input is greatly appreciated!
i live in NY and bought a Dean ML 79 from upper washington, and it got here, and i only had to tune it up. the distance doesn't matter, the package could fall between the UPS truck and your door. just make sure that the place you buy from has a good return policy, in case the stuff isn't up to your standards.
Quote by cthuludawn21
i live in NY and bought a Dean ML 79 from upper washington, and it got here, and i only had to tune it up. the distance doesn't matter, the package could fall between the UPS truck and your door. just make sure that the place you buy from has a good return policy, in case the stuff isn't up to your standards.

Yeah that's true. And yeah, they have like a 30 day return policy, and I believe they ship everything UPS, so I'm sure if there was damage, I could get it taken care of without too much hassle.