Hey guys. This is my first post here but I intend to stick around for a while.

My little finger is "double jointed" in two places: the nuckle and the last joint before the fingernail. I'm playing some ZZ Top stuff that requires some power chords. I would like to play these with my index finger on the root and the other two notes barred with my little finger. But here is my problem- my little finger won't straighten out and if I bend it upwards to flatten the tip and bar the two notes it "snaps" back to place from my nuckle. I feel like a fricken wierdo. Is there a way to fix my pinky? I'm at the point where i'm considering cutting it off.
Practice I guess.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
Quote by mockinbyrd
I intend to stick around for a while.

Don't
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
You could always send him to one of those Christian camps that are supposed to straighten him up.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Give yourself a prostate exam with your little finger. That should make him behave.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?
Quote by tayroar
You could always send him to one of those Christian camps that are supposed to straighten him up.

Not my Butters!
███████████████████████████████████
One of the many abandoned names of the irish punk band
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
ok, I'll use my ring finger. My pinky is strong and can play fast, it just can't bar stuff. It kinda sucks and its really frustrating.
Quote by 2 15/16
Give yourself a prostate exam with your little finger. That should make him behave.

As said use your ring finger.
If you don't want to then use your index and your little finger and just play the two notes (I & V) instead of three (with the extra octave note). I do this if I'm playing faster stuff and it really doesn't make a huge difference to the sound.
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
I'm double jointed like you but in all my other fingers but my pinky. It was weird at first because my fingers would always want to click back but after awhile I got used to it. God hates me I think, I have red hair am left handed but only play right handed and am double jointed.
My little finger is half the height of normal little fingers. Just work with it.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
kick your little finger out of the band and make him start a new band to counter the succes of yours.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...