I just picked up a BC Rich Mockingbird NJ Classic in Trans Red. It is a brand new factory A-stock. I got it for $300.00

I did my research- most people seem to like them after they get them set up. I read that the BDSM pickups are slightly weak although they sound good. Pickups can always be replaced though.

The guitar is in Jackson MS on its way to the Big Easy (thanks UPS tracking) where I currently live and am enjoying a great Mardi Gras. I am starting to second guess my choice. Keep in mind that I only paid $300 for it. The following pics are of the actual axe.

BTW This is my third axe. I also have a Mexican Fender strat (3 singlecoil version) and a Gibson SG Classic reissue (I have some seymour duncans on it right now). I bought the mockingbird hoping to find something hotter. With its new pickups my SG can't play anything heavier than Skynyrd.
Attachments:
01.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
Last edited by mockinbyrd at Feb 22, 2009,
Gorgeous guitar man. Other than the stealth I think the mockinbird is the only other BC Rich I'd buy.
The Mockingbird and the Eagle are beautiful guitars despite the fact they are from BC Rich

My dad has a BC Rich NJ series Eagle. The pickups sucked so he modded the **** out of it

He's got a Dimarzio PAF imitation in the neck, A Dimarzio Fred in the Bridge, and a Distortion Unit built into the bridge. (it used to be I piezo but it was a ****ty piezo)
UG's Prodigal Son
Last edited by lunaticfringe93 at Feb 22, 2009,
Quote by hatexxxcrew666
does anyone know the name of the BC rich slash played before his les paul?

He played a Mockingbird.
Quote by hatexxxcrew666
does anyone know the name of the BC rich slash played before his les paul?

The one from his biography? That would be the mockingbird ST i believe
Smart Pothead and Proud
I've played that model.The pickups were horrible and muddy,but other than that it was pretty good.I did notice that the upper part of the body dug into my ribs though,which kinda sucked.Grats on the new guitar,hope you enjoy it.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
The one from his biography? That would be the mockingbird ST i believe

He actually used a custom Mockingbird, but the ST is based after Slash's Mockingbird.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
I love mockingbirds, ne'er gotten to play one, though.

Note to another convo on this thread: Slash played on a Warlock before THE Les Paul...Still think they're hideous, though.
Last edited by Oujou at Feb 22, 2009,
WOW that's all I have to say. I saw a used one going for like 500 and i tried it out and it felt amazing, and I was thinking of buying, you got it new for 300, thats an awesome deal. way to go TS.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Good for you buddy!!!
i got a couple as well

we should start up a "mockingbird only" thread somewhere

enjoy man, enjoy

Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Ah, the Mockingbird, one of the few BC Rich's I like.

Nice score man, how's she sound?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Very nice! I have one of last year's "Special X" Mockingbirds, and it's a great player. Congrats on not buying into the BCR hater bandwagon, and picking up a sweet guitar.
Quote by mockinbyrd
He played a Mockingbird.

Nope he used a warlock in the early GNR days he didnt use the mockingbird until he recorded you could be mine on Use Your Illusion 2 and the supporting tour for both of the UYI records. The only video where he didnt use a les paul was the video for the whole video was for that song, interesting GNR factoid for you all.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by thedekker
Good for you buddy!!!
i got a couple as well

we should start up a "mockingbird only" thread somewhere

enjoy man, enjoy

the white one omggg ha <3
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
not bad for 300
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Lookin' real nice, to be honest, as much as it's most people's prefered BC Rich, I'd much rather pick up an assasin or gunslinger to a mockingbird.
But nice catch none the less, we have to beat the bandwagoners one way or another
Have fun with it.