Page 1 of 4
When I was coming home from work today, at about 11 p.m., I was in the bus, sitting across from this black dude, about 22 years old, dreads etc.´Didn't think much of it, was listening to music in one ear, fine.

Two stops down the road, a guy gets in, and sits next to the black guy. He was constantly muttering under his breath, things like "fucking Africans... chop off their heads...dirty monkeys.." and other things that just made me go

The black guy just looked at the white guy once, shook his head, and got off at the next stop.

When he was gone, the other guy turned to me and said "thank god that nigger's gone, right?"

I just stared at him in disbelief and got off the bus at the next stop as well.

I was seriously shocked at the amount of hate that was in his voice when he was muttering. I mean, in Germany the most delinquent groups of foreigners are the Turks and the Polish, not the Africans, so he was really hating just because of the color of the skin. Hating another human being just because of his skin color.

What are your thoughts about this? Anyone had similar experiences?
Quote by CoreysMonster

I live in Southwestern Virginia.

Around here, racism is as American as apple pie and baseball.

It sickens me to have to deal with it.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
ive never had any major experiences..but thats not right..im no racist..its all the same color in the dark..but its wrong he just assumed you would agree with him..
well, at least the top authority in most countries have abandoned it

and i think that's the best we can ever hope for. i hate people.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Who cares? He's the guy who just mutters stuff under his breath and is too much of a poosie to actually do anything. He'll get his.
He called me a rapist and a recluse! Iam not a recluse!
-Mike Tyson
Quote by Mobroz

Yes, many times, for example in Denmark where I lived for a few years. Also in buses similar to Corey's experience.
Quote by CoreysMonster

Racism is a part of everyday life for alot of people. Most of them don;t even know why they are racist. It's just the way they're brought up by their parents who grew up in the riots and sub-cultures of the 70's and 80's.

Quote by CoreysMonster
nothing less from a briton.

Ah Touche
Last edited by Moggan13 at Feb 22, 2009,
Where I live, racism is actually pretty uncommon. I have ran across a few people who don't like everyone but nothing ever as bad as what you experienced.
Gear:
G&L Legacy
Fender Champ 600

SKYNYRD!
I recently moved to Missouri from Colorado.
I expected a little bit more racism. It is the midwest.
Turns out my school is practically segregated. Not by any mandate or policy.
Black kids just don't sit with white kids.
And I've met far too many men like the one on that bus.
I want Super Saiyan abilities
I am in America so yeah there is alot

check out the racism ordeal at Warwick Senior High School
it was pretty damn bad
not sure if you will actually be able to find it
let me know
if not
i will post about it in this thread
Go back in time and use modern technology to make yourself out to be some kind of god or something. Enslave humanity
Good times.

Sometimes I wake up screaming. Then I find out there is a knife in my chest Its a good reason to scream
Sounds like he was a troll in real life if he sat next to the black guy and starting saying racist things out loud.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Racism? In my human race?
it's more likely than you think.
-VOTE HERE-
[x ] ROOSEVELT

[x ] WILSON
Quote by cfhwarhead
Maybe the guy wasnt racist, tha black guy was just his exboyfriend and broke his heart.

This.
Rush Rocks

Quote by Braiton
If Beiber is our generation's Cobain I can't see how that is a bad thing.
Just make sure the shotgun is loaded.
well a lot of people hate me but only the retards because they think i am black.
but i am not racist. why should i torture people because they do it to me?
When I went to my friends house one time, his grandmother was visiting and she was incredibly racist. I stuck with being as polite as possible. When my friend left his room to get us some drinks, I could hear his grandmother (right outside of the door, actually) saying "you're not going to leave that terrorist alone in there, are you?" and my friend said "grow up grandma"

Another time I was over at another friend's house and she left the room for a minute and i could hear her dad shout "don't leave him alone for too long, he might blow up" and my friend said "dad, he can hear you" and he says "I know."
Quote by jetfuel495
When I went to my friends house one time, his grandmother was visiting and she was incredibly racist. I stuck with being as polite as possible. When my friend left his room to get us some drinks, I could hear his grandmother (right outside of the door, actually) saying "you're not going to leave that terrorist alone in there, are you?" and my friend said "grow up grandma"

Another time I was over at another friend's house and she left the room for a minute and i could hear her dad shout "don't leave him alone for too long, he might blow up" and my friend said "dad, he can hear you" and he says "I know."

this is win, the rest is fail.
Quote by jetfuel495

ahhh life sucks
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Quote by dudetheman
I live in Southwestern Virginia.

Around here, racism is as American as apple pie and baseball.

It sickens me to have to deal with it.

Yeah I know what you mean man I live in South Carolina its not overly bad where I live because it's the capitol and a big city as far as the state goes so the population is more blended but in upstate SC (pelion etc.) the racism there is horid. It makes me sick to live in the south...although it does have the best women
Quote by rebelmidget
I recently moved to Missouri from Colorado.
I expected a little bit more racism. It is the midwest.
Turns out my school is practically segregated. Not by any mandate or policy.
Black kids just don't sit with white kids.
And I've met far too many men like the one on that bus.

Thats standard in any non suburban schools. People just identify and label themselves.
He called me a rapist and a recluse! Iam not a recluse!
-Mike Tyson
Quote by jetfuel495

You should have just strapped loads of sausages to your chest, ran into the room and shouted ALLAHHhhH! just to teach them a lesson and make them shit their pants.

I hate people who assume all people from an asian background are Western-hating terrorists.
I see alot of that, I live near Birmingham.
i'm not racist i just know a lot of jokes
Go back in time and use modern technology to make yourself out to be some kind of god or something. Enslave humanity
Good times.

Sometimes I wake up screaming. Then I find out there is a knife in my chest Its a good reason to scream
Australians are not racist at all when it comes to black people, but for some reason, we don't like Asians.
Quote by jetfuel495
I know, right? I had to hold my lols so she wouldn't hear me.

sorry, telling your GRANDMOTHER to grow up is nothing short of awesome

but tbh, my grandma is hella racist, as well. and she's MEXICAN

no, it's okay to be racist against blacks, but don't you dare say anything about mexicans.
Quote by cfhwarhead
Maybe the guy wasnt racist, tha black guy was just his exboyfriend and broke his heart.

lol Good point, you might not know the whole story...
"He can dance if he wants too, he can leave his friends behind..."

Quote by Tsucchi
Because nothing is sexier than a man with a mouth full of crayons.
Quote by ToalNOOB
Thats standard in any non suburban schools. People just identify and label themselves.

same thing at my school, even though its a private catholic school
Quote by A7XFAN1995
Yeah I know what you mean man I live in South Carolina its not overly bad where I live because it's the capitol and a big city as far as the state goes so the population is more blended but in upstate SC (pelion etc.) the racism there is horid. It makes me sick to live in the south...although it does have the best women

True, true.

But really, some of the racist things I've heard are almost unbearable.

Really makes you wonder about human nature....
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by CoreysMonster
sorry, telling your GRANDMOTHER to grow up is nothing short of awesome

but tbh, my grandma is hella racist, as well. and she's MEXICAN

no, it's okay to be racist against blacks, but don't you dare say anything about mexicans.

i am guilty of being prejudice..i cant help it though i try not to be..
I'm glad the man didn't add fuel to the fire by showing anger or the disrespect he likely felt. He kept his calm and therefore, the ass sitting next to him didn't get the satisfaction he was looking for.

But hell, you should've punched him in the face.
Quote by dudetheman
True, true.

i know racism isnt natural, its passed down
Quote by dudetheman
True, true.

Yeah I've heard and seen horid things (at the high school I'm about to go to a few seniors were walking around with nooses and they attempted to put them around some black kids neck) its disturbing how people can be so horrible to each other just of their skin color or their beliefs.
Quote by FlyingPirahna
I'm glad the man didn't add fuel to the fire by showing anger or the disrespect he likely felt. He kept his calm and therefore, the ass sitting next to him didn't get the satisfaction he was looking for.

But hell, you should've punched him in the face.

I was going to say something, but I was too shocked to think of anything smart to say. so I just left as well.
Now find a group of people modern society despises (Nazis, for example) and tell me you have no hate lingering within your body. Hate exists for its own reasons, and people conclude on their hate or lack of hate for whatever reasons they choose (or that cause them to choose). Sure, when it comes to race and class and belief system based hate; it is generally stereotypical, but isn't that the norm when it comes to hatred at all? There are even stories of Nazis being decent people and doing things to make the suffering of those they torture easier to bare (among other, more heroic, acts). Yet, the media and general population of the world would not have us know that. Why? Because of hatred. I could see why someone would hate black people in this modern day. Far to many of them have become increasingly obnoxious with their need to be "gang related", their hypocritical use of the word "******", and the constant desire they have to remind all white people that we enslaved them (all year round, especially in February). One would be led to believe every February we celebrate our growing closeness, however the opposite occurs. Distance is continually formed. Sure, this still doesn't give this guy the right to be an ass and "hate" this black guy sitting next to him; but does hatred NEED a reason? One can justify so many things in so many ways.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Page 1 of 4