I still consider myself newbie at guitar , and have began teaching myself guitar...btw i suck at grammer so ill keep it short.

I've had my guitar for around 3 months but havent got serious till lately.

i have been playing about an hour or so everyday for the last 3 weeks teaching myself the following chords. The Major Chords, Minor, 7th, 5th, #, #m I spend 5 mins working through each random sequence, about 10 or so different ones

I have also worked on Learning all the major scales,minor, and blues

To sum it up am i practicing right??

Again, apologies for my poor grammer
Ok, so you know some chords, but do you know WHY they're played the way they are?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/for_beginners/learning_music_theory_the_beginning.html
That should providkeep you occupied for a while.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
You have good grammar, just poor spelling.

What Froboarder gave you.

Also rather then random sequences, try chord progressions.

Please add me if as a friend I helped! (I like to think I'm a friendly person)
Yeah dude, keep on doing what you're doing. If you learn all that stuff, you'll be able to play a lot of songs.

Be sure and learn some easy songs though! That knowledge is useless if you don't know how to use it. The most important part is having fun while you are learning. If you don't, learning will be hard and boring... so make it fun!

BTW your grammar may not be top-notch, but it's still better than mine so don't worry