I need to purchase two instrument cables, one to connect my guitar to my first pedal, and one from my last pedal to my amp.

I was looking into Mogami cables. Now, there's a gold plated series and a Platinum series. I was wondering, is there a major difference? Is dishing out the extra money for the gold worth it? I'm sure you understand what I'm asking.

Or if you have any other suggestions in that price range, go for it. No Monster cables please.
dunno if theyre high end, but i bought a couple ernie ball ones the other day... cost me 60AU each, and theyre built like a tank
I play through Mogami Gold cables, and I love them; nothing else I've tried really transfers my tone the way I want it. Granted, I haven't tried the Platinum series but I can give the Golds a stellar review; been gigging with them for a few months now and I've had no problems, which is quite a feat considering how I move around while I'm playing.
Tobacco Sunburst Fender Strat
(Lollar Dirty Blonde pickups)
Fulltone FatBoost
MI Audio BoostnBuff
Fulltone OCD
This1smyne "Pearl"
Wilson 10Spot II
Red Witch Phaser
Fulltone ChoralFlange
BOSS DD-7+DD-20
Tech21 RVB
'59 Bassman Reissue
Quote by Denthrare
I play through Mogami Gold cables, and I love them; nothing else I've tried really transfers my tone the way I want it. Granted, I haven't tried the Platinum series but I can give the Golds a stellar review; been gigging with them for a few months now and I've had no problems, which is quite a feat considering how I move around while I'm playing.

My only concern with them is I've heard that they add a bit of low-tone coloration to your sound. Could/Can you tell a difference?
Well I'll put it this way; I noticed a dramatic increase in tonal quality over the Planet Waves cables I was using before. I really haven't noticed any coloration, my tone right now sounds exactly the way I wanted it to.

Of course, I've got more low-end than I know what do with, so I may not have noticed.

My advice would be to try them out before buying them, with either your rig or something close to it. There may be cases where a problem (if there is one) is noticable, whereas in my case it isn't.
Tobacco Sunburst Fender Strat
(Lollar Dirty Blonde pickups)
Fulltone FatBoost
MI Audio BoostnBuff
Fulltone OCD
This1smyne "Pearl"
Wilson 10Spot II
Red Witch Phaser
Fulltone ChoralFlange
BOSS DD-7+DD-20
Tech21 RVB
'59 Bassman Reissue
I have used both Mogami gold and platinum extensively as well as numerous other mid level and high end cables.

The Mogami platinum is certainly a step up from the Mogami gold offering oxygen free copper and roughly half the capacitance. On the downside the platinum is thicker, less flexible, and easier to tangle. I strongly recommend the platinum for studio use as it offers a better and more faithful sound reproduction over the gold, however if you're not in the studio you're likely to never (or at least barely) notice the difference.

Look up the Lava Cable ELC if you want something really fantastic.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
+1 to the Lava ELC line. They're cheaper than Mogami Platinums and at least as good as them, if not better. I'm planning on converting all of my cables to the ELC and Mini ELC line sometime in the next few months. Of course, if you want to go with the pricepoint of the Mogami Platinum, there's the Evidence Audio Lyric HG or Melody among many other options.

Seriously, go to Lava Cable and check out their buying guide. He does a great job of summarizing the cable's performance and gives their stats as well.