ok so i got a line 6 sapider 3 amp for christmas, this amp produced no sound so i returned that to guitar center for another one of the same model.

now the new one is making a loud popping sound like a fire cracker which is followed by a sharp increase in volume for anywhere from 30 secs to 4-min.

now guitar center is now refusing to take it back...

im currently awaiting a response from Line 6 themselves to see if they will take it back but i was wondering if anyone else was having problems like this, specifically with this brand/model and if they found a way to fix it...
Viking/Folk Metal Group <--Join!
Quote by telemonster
I dont get the whole EMO thing.....kinda like vountering to get your ass kicked.

Quote by Night_Lights
What idiot puts Randy Rhoads and Dimebag above Hendrix in any guitar list?
Quote by Guitarlord44
well they were both better than hendrix
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
Might be a cable problem

nope, ive used multiple cables on both the amps, its a problem directly related to the amp.
Quote by telemonster
I dont get the whole EMO thing.....kinda like vountering to get your ass kicked.

Quote by Night_Lights
Quote by Guitarlord44
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
What exact model is it? Wattage; tube?

line 6 spider III? wattage doesn't matter. and it's definitely not tube.

TS, it's not something you'll be able to fix, in all likelihood.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
i'm surprised this havent got flamed yet lol. as for the problem. guitar center has to take it back for a replacement or a refund.
Quote by kckyle
i'm surprised this havent got flamed yet lol.

Why? He got given the amp.

TS - I'm pretty sure that GC have to take it back if it's still in warranty - check yours to see if it's any different but I'm pretty sure it won't be.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
thats the thing, they only provide a 30 day warranty... they wont take it back now.

although i think ill be having a talk with their manager, im legally entitled to a refund or exchange since the product isnt fulfilling the purpose it was intended/sold for.
Quote by telemonster

Quote by Night_Lights
Quote by Guitarlord44
Spider amps have a whole community of various electric gremlins that plague them. If line6 wont fix it and GC wont warranty it then not much your gonna be able to do. I know it was a christmas present and should last longer than 2 months. Theres a reason most on here wont recommend them for any use other than making tables or keep your car from rolling down the driveway.
Last edited by Tackleberry at Feb 22, 2009,
Go through Line 6. GC does not handle anyway warranty work in of themselves afaik, though they may be a drop off point after you talk with the company that made the product. They can help fix you up I would assume. I hope you kept the receipt though and registered it with the company. Otherwise you are SOL.