I just bought a 1993 Blues Deville tweed guitar amp. The owner, who owned a lot of amps, said that it probably needed new tubes. Getting home, my dad plugged it up and turned it on. The light came on, but no sound came out. The tubes got hot, but only the 3 pre-amp tubes. The owner gave me another power tube, which came on when put in. The problem is, the other tube didn't work, and the middle pre-amp tube flashed, creating smoke. Now the amp doesn't come on.

What happened to the middle pre-amp tube, and how can I fix it to where all the tubes (and the amp) will come on?
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Last edited by Pencil Man at Feb 22, 2009,
Looks like some of those tubes are dead (if they don't light up). With used amps, it is always a good idea to do a full retube. It will definetly be worth it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
We just found out that the fuse was blown. Thanks for the help. I think we'll replace all of the tubes anyway. The manual had everything we needed.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
There you go - problem solved.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
I might post pics later.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

GC&A does love pics.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Well, it was the tubes that were bad (the power tubes), which caused the fuse problem. My dad's getting new tubes today.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

UPDATE: My dad bought some Groove Tubes and it worked. I'm so glad. Sounds great. Here are pics.

It shows to9 be made in USA. It's not a reissue, but the speakers are alnico blues reissue.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Quote by Pencil Man

is that a TS808 i see? how does it sound through the deville? is it a RI or an older pedal?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
That is one pretty amp. Congrats!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The TS808 sounds great through the drive channel.
Quote by SlackerBabbath