Page 1 of 2
It would seem that almost everything we do as humans can be explained in evolutionary terms (you know, like Darwin type stuff). I was trying to think up of an evolutionary reason for the pee shiver but I cant come up with anything as for why we have it. Does it just simply happen for no reason..? Anybody have any ideas?
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
rodents can't reach their Schniedel with their hands, so their whole body has to shiver to shake the residue pee off?
Quote by Normul
Auto-shake the spare urine.

Oh

I would say that it has nothing to do with evolution, as I do not always shake out the spare piss from my dick.
from wiki

Post-micturition convulsion syndrome, also colloquially known as piss shivers or pee shivers, is a phenomenon in which one feels a shiver running down the spine following urination.[1] The shiver can produce a brief twitch, which is a form of myoclonus. It should not be confused with post-micturition syncope, a feeling of faintness following passing urine.

To date, despite years of discussion and theorizing, there is no agreed-on explanation of the phenomenon[2] and no medical research into it. However, it has been mentioned occasionally in columns, and in one Internet poll, where about 83% of males and 58% of females reported experiencing it. By 6 Jul 2007, more than 24,000 males and more than 1,200 females had responded to the poll on the syndrome.
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Well when we were monkeys peeing out of trees the pee shiver would shake the stream a tad so that it would seem like rain to the mean animals below and they wouldn't think that there were any monkeys in the tree
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Quote by stefan1988
from wiki

Post-micturition convulsion syndrome, also colloquially known as piss shivers or pee shivers, is a phenomenon in which one feels a shiver running down the spine following urination.[1] The shiver can produce a brief twitch, which is a form of myoclonus. It should not be confused with post-micturition syncope, a feeling of faintness following passing urine.

To date, despite years of discussion and theorizing, there is no agreed-on explanation of the phenomenon[2] and no medical research into it. However, it has been mentioned occasionally in columns, and in one Internet poll, where about 83% of males and 58% of females reported experiencing it. By 6 Jul 2007, more than 24,000 males and more than 1,200 females had responded to the poll on the syndrome.

to the Science Mobile!
Wait, I am really the only one who doesn't get shivers after I piss?

Y'all are weird.
Quote by JC13
... Science has just been proven.

if its been "proven" why does is change about everytime i log onto the internet.
I think we should make a group where we put all of UG's scientifical minds together to figure out this pee shiver!
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Quote by glenlyerkey
a feeling of relief or pleasure. Like when you shake after a rock hit.

Cock off the rock!
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Schism1985
You forgot about the poop jump

Fucking lol.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Oh, thank God. I thought I was the only one who had this.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
you shiver cause you get cold when your wang is out of your pants, duh.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Quote by stefan1988
from wiki

lol's. they did a study on piss shivers lol
Quote by yo_peh
i love you!
have cookie

Quote by RocksAwakening5
^^^ So much win, omg.
You lose heat from your body when you pee, so your body shivers to help heat it back up. Simple, easy and true answer.
Quote by fretsonfire74
You lose heat from your body when you pee, so your body shivers to help heat it back up. Simple, easy and true answer.

So without pee shivers we could escape the predator by urinating? Blasted pee shivers.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Thanks for your help guys. I think that about answers it.

Quote by Schism1985
You forgot about the poop jump

Thank you sir. I haven't had a hard laugh for awhile on UG in a long time.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Quote by fretsonfire74

...So why don't I shiver when I eat an ice cream or drink a beer? I'm not sure it works like that.
"I feel sorry for James Blunt, he has to wake up every morning and think 'Ah man, I'm James Blunt'"
I always thought it was because piss is warm, and when you piss it lowers your body temperature because the warm liquid is leaving your body.

EDIT: I didn't see this:
Quote by fretsonfire74

I agree, sir.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
Quote by SunDrop
if its been "proven" why does is change about everytime i log onto the internet.

You must be a creationist.
Sorry, but ive never automatically shook after peeing, manual maybe.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
yo man this dude sellin mad pee shiver fo only $25 a g
Quote by TDS
You know what would be awsome? A phone that doubled as a fleshlight that recharged power through kinetic motion.

"hold on guys my phone's dying."
*fap*
"Ok we're good."
Quote by therealtater
apperently your the wierd one everyone else shakes after pissing

I also don't sweat much... At all...

I'm messed up, aren't I?
Quote by crazy8rgood
I also don't sweat much... At all...

I'm messed up, aren't I?

I dont know, the only time I sweats in the summer, but it gets up to 110 here in the summer and I work construction so...
Quote by GuitarNinja12
It would seem that almost everything we do as humans can be explained in evolutionary terms (you know, like Darwin type stuff). I was trying to think up of an evolutionary reason for the pee shiver but I cant come up with anything as for why we have it. Does it just simply happen for no reason..? Anybody have any ideas?

Don't worry about. We're not supposed to know this sort of stuff.
Jump in my fire, I'm far beyond driven.

amp--- Peavey Vypyr 15 (fucking love it)
Page 1 of 2