I'm trying to find some good arpeggios in this mode.

I know that a basic G lydian arpeggio is G B D (F# with a 7th), but I can't seem to find any way of decently tabbing it out.

Any help would be really appreciated.
I have no idea what your asking.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
So you want notes into tabs?

eg;

0--1----2----3
e--F----F#---G
B--C----C#---D
G--G#---A----A#
D--D#---E----F
A--A#---B----C
E--F----F#---G

Put the entire fretboard like the above sample, then find those notes and tab the scale..here, let me help.

G A B C# D E F# G.

e------------------------------------------
B------------------------------------------
G------------------------------------------
D------------------------2-----3----------
A---------------0---2---------------------
E--0---2--3------------------------------

Please add me if as a friend I helped! (I like to think I'm a friendly person)
Last edited by Invokke_Havokk at Feb 22, 2009,
Nooo... I wanna know the names of some good arpeggios that I can put in over a G lydian chord progression.
Now you're making more sense. (Also, next time use the edit button )

Please add me if as a friend I helped! (I like to think I'm a friendly person)
Sorry, it's like 2am, I re-read what I originally posted and I realise now that it makes no sense, whatsoever.

But yeah, names and diagrams, and also, an explanation on how they can be used over different chords (ie, an arpeggio with an A root note over a Bmaj chord).
Quote by Chikao42
Nooo... I wanna know the names of some good arpeggios that I can put in over a G lydian chord progression.

Harmonize the scale and figure it out for yourself.
And read the mode sticky.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Here's some mini one's for you to practice in G Lydian...

-------|------
---7---|---8--
--4-4--|--6-6-
-5---5-|-7---7
-------|------
-------|------

They are a Gmaj7 arpeggio and A7 arpeggio. The A7 one catches the tone C#, so you'll be all Lydianized up.
Quote by Chikao42
But yeah, names and diagrams, and also, an explanation on how they can be used over different chords (ie, an arpeggio with an A root note over a Bmaj chord).

If you're still thinking Lydian, then this won't work, since A would act as b7. Unless you're aiming to imply Lydian Dominant (if you know what that is )
Last edited by mdc at Feb 23, 2009,