Poll: Like or dislike the cops?
Poll Options
View poll results: Like or dislike the cops?
164 30%
Dislike
125 23%
In between
256 47%
Voters: 545.
Page 1 of 4
On one hand they're an absolutely necessary asset to society, definitely the thin blue line between order and disorder.

On the other hand they're human just like the rest of us and are just as susceptible to corruption and wrong doing as any common person, the difference being that they have power.

Personally I've only had good experiences with the police, I've always found that if you're polite with them, they're polite back and merciful, but then again I live in the country.

It's city cops I always hear terrible stories of.

So pit... experiences ? opinions ? Discuss.
Fuck the police!

Bedit: Ok, real answer. I think they do a good job around here in Lexington, but lately they've been pulling people over for some of the dumbest stuff. My dad got a speeding ticket for going 5 over the other day. Think it has something to do with recession.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Feb 22, 2009,
Personally in my experience, they're nice people. They should be respected because when it's you who needs them, they're still there, no matter what you've done in the past.
Well, the ones that shoot people or beat the crap out of people for no reason are assholes. The ones that pull me over, but don't give me a ticket are the best.

I like firefighters better
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
Da popo be stealin' mah stash fo da last mothafukin tiem, i hate dem bitchez

No, but in all honesty, all the cops I've ever met have been pretty good people. I think they're necessary to keep people safe, and without them there would be ALOT more murders and the like.
I don't like Sting but I like Andy and Stewart.

Seriously, Some are good. We need them, but some are idiots. You have to wonder what kind of people want to be police anyway, they are either power hungry and insecure or caring and helpful, not many normal people.
Last edited by Tempoe at Feb 22, 2009,
I respect them. The way I see it, I shouldn't have to be afraid of them if I'm not doing anything wrong.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
ROOOOOOOOOOOOOXANNNNE!

I haven't really had much trouble with the police other than a few of my friends getting speeding fines even though they tell me they werent speeding, but when you're a P plater, It's just not worth doing anything about it.
I think some of them are awesome, some of them aren't.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
They serve a purpose but in my experience they can really be useless sometimes
I like them unless they're arresting me.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Round here some good a great job, but most of the time they do **** all.
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
Quote by boreamor
They're needed. I respect the authority they have etc etc. But I don't trust them.

+1
2005 PRS McCarty (20th Anniversary Edition)
Custom 67' Tele w/Bigsby
Gibson Les Paul Double Cut Standard
Larivee Acoustic
Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Apogee Ensemble
Yamaha HS80s
I respect them and I realize that they are needed, but I don't trust them. Some are good and some are bad, but you should know your rights and never tell them more than you need to.
I have no problem with the police except for this one asshole in Sylvester who pulled this guy I know over for "hearing him go to fast" and this other guy I know for going 41 in a 40. Other than speeding, yeah, they're alright. But then again, there are people like Rodger Coffee who's about 75 and wouldn't pull anyone over even if he saw them roll a joint. Someone kicked his ass the other day actually. He had me dead to rights going about 90 sum through town and he didn't even flash his lights at me. Then again, I also live in the country (like someone else above said).
Megadeth > Metallica
Gibson > Fender
Randy Rhoads > Everybody

Quote by gamenerd323
451f you sig is the truest thing in the world

My sig > Yours
Some people just shouldn't have that kind of power.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
I live near/in Chicago. Ask me about my police force.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
My uncle is a cop. I've had a few bad times with cops but I deserved them. Other then that, I don't mind them.

I had to drop my uncle off at the station today. Gotta say, cops get some BA equipment. He's got this thing that's like a night stick and a lightsaber combined. It's awesome.
f*ck the police

I'm in kentucky... so if i play anything but f*cking country i get the cops called on me by all the goddamn rednecks
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
there are a lot of redneck asshole cops here, seriously, about 3/4 of the cops I've dealt with personally have been major dicks, the other 1/4 however where surprisingly nice.

Quote by skwelcher

I'm in kentucky... so if i play anything but f*cking country i get the cops called on me by all the goddamn rednecks

You know, in all of my years of living here I have never had that problem, I don't even know anyone that's really into country.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Feb 22, 2009,
Well, considering every encounter I have with them involves myself and my friends running as fast as we can away from them, I think you know the answer....

They're fun to run from!!
Most exciting thing ever.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
I'm kinda annoyed with the media coverage of every cops funeral in my city. It's a risky job and they knew the risks when they signed on. It's a damn shame, give a phone number for donations to the family. That's it. We don't need play by play coverage of the poor bastards funeral. A cop died a week or two ago and every news paper headline was about how they were tragically perfecting the funeral service... I swear, every headline had something like that. "An all too familiar ritual" or something like that. Basically saying, "we're getting good at putting cops in the ground" and I find that disrespectful. Playing it up as if it's Anna Nicole Smith's f*cking funeral all over again. Just catch the guy who did it and move on. I don't need to be reminded EVERY day that someone died. Lots of people die. It's a f*cked up world... at least this guy could have saw it coming and chalked it up to occupational hazard.

/rant

Other then that... I don't mind cops very often, but alot of them let the power go to their head and they act like dicks for no reason.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
After this weekend I don't want to run into any of them for a while.
SPACE FOR RENT
urban cops deserve respect for everything they do

if you live in a rich suburban area, the cops are just trying to meet their quota and will pull you over for stupid **** like "speeding in unsafe conditions". my friend got pulled over and given a ticket for going 20 mph in a 35 speed limit because there was a little fog. he was going way below the speed limit and they got him for speeding
Quote by TDS
You know what would be awsome? A phone that doubled as a fleshlight that recharged power through kinetic motion.

"hold on guys my phone's dying."
*fap*
"Ok we're good."
Quote by I_Pwn
commin' straight from the underground

Young nigga got it bad 'cause I'm brown!
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Quote by pinback
urban cops deserve respect for everything they do

I live in an urban area, and about half the cops here are major dicks who don't deserve shit, a lot of them don't even seem to do their jobs.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I'm kinda annoyed with the media coverage of every cops funeral in my city. It's a risky job and they knew the risks when they signed on. It's a damn shame, give a phone number for donations to the family. That's it. We don't need play by play coverage of the poor bastards funeral. A cop died a week or two ago and every news paper headline was about how they were tragically perfecting the funeral service... I swear, every headline had something like that. "An all too familiar ritual" or something like that. Basically saying, "we're getting good at putting cops in the ground" and I find that disrespectful. Playing it up as if it's Anna Nicole Smith's f*cking funeral all over again. Just catch the guy who did it and move on. I don't need to be reminded EVERY day that someone died. Lots of people die. It's a f*cked up world... at least this guy could have saw it coming and chalked it up to occupational hazard.

If you don't like it, you don't have to watch.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by CFH82
Young nigga got it bad 'cause I'm brown!

And not tha other color so police think they have the authority to kill a minority!
I don't have run ins with the police. I'm a law-abiding citizen.

Therefore I don't really have problems with them. However police brutality and abuse of power is a real problem even today. Some cops really cross the line with their investigations and how they carry themselves.

So overall I have a fairly middle of the road opinion of them (lean slightly towards liking them)
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
I think that it's safe to say that most of the pit is comin straight from the undaground, young nigga go it bad cause I'm brown, and not the other color. and so forth.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Last edited by iantheman at Feb 22, 2009,
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
there are a lot of redneck asshole cops here, seriously, about 3/4 of the cops I've dealt with personally have been major dicks, the other 1/4 however where surprisingly nice.

You know, in all of my years of living here I have never had that problem, I don't even know anyone that's really into country.

everyone that lives around me except for my grandparents and the owners of the local venue are 100% redneck(incest and all) and don't listen to anything except country
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Last edited by skwelcher at Feb 22, 2009,
Quote by KeepOnRotting
And not tha other color so police think they have the authority to kill a minority!

Fuck that shit, 'cause I ain't the one
For a punk mothafucker with a badge and a gun
To be beatin' on, and thrown in jail
We could go toe to toe in the middle of a cell.

Quote by iantheman
I think that most of the pit is comin straight from the undaground, young nigga go it bad cause I'm brown and not the other color. and so forth.

This man has the right idea.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Page 1 of 4