Okay i had a thread a couple days ago but i wasn't very specific on what i wanted. I have narrowed it down a bit. A little background on me, I play all genres from tragically hip to lamb of god and metallica. I have a peavey vypyr 30 for an amp, so active pups are a definate no go. I'm not sure if i want a floyd or not. I change tunings every so often and a floyd seems like a pile of work and i've never had one before so maybe not a good idea. Also frets isn't a big deal... my other guitars only had 22 but 24 would be fine.

I have it narrowed down to a few choices. Keep in mind i want the price tag to be under 700 before tax. Could go over a bit if necesarry. What i have it narrowed down to are.

With a floyd - Ibanex RG or S series, A schecter C-1 or blackjack

Without a floyd - Schecter C-1 plus or another schecter in that range, An epiphone les paul, A PRS SE (heard these are poor quality), or something like an epiphone V or explorer.

A long post but i need some help as i would like to buy a guitar this week... hopefully tomorow.
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Wampler Triple Wreck Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
consider some breed of jackson
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
try a bc rich WMD warbeast, I've got one - cost exactly $700 brand new and has excellent tone and sounds awesome distorted through my peavey transtube 212. Many people speak badly about them but until you try one you'll never know the awesomeness. Definately try one out if you can ever find one in a store somewhere.
The schecter c-1 plus is a great guitar for the money, i have it and i love it. they only thing i have done to it, was replace the PUPs but it plays great!! you won't be disappointed in that guitar at all. Also look at the schecter c-1 artist
Personally, Ive heard PRS SEs are pretty good. Epi Explorers would be good, the non-Goth ones, with a pickup change maybe. You could look at Faded series Gibsons, altho the QC on those isnt nearly what it is on regular Gibsons.
I;m not to fond of bc rich guitars... I was definately considering a schecter for sure. I don't really know much about jacksons. I know the good ones are the dinky's but i just don't know which models are good or not. Prs Se's i've just heard bad stuff about compared to the american ones. I'm not to sure what QC means haha, but i don't really liek the faded gibsons look much.

Also on the s series ibanez guitars, does the middle single coil have any use?
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
I would have recommended the epiphone les paul, but seeing you already have one...a Gibson SG Faded isn't a bad option. Used if it is a little out of your price range.
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Honeyburst
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Quote by tomsy49
I
Also on the s series ibanez guitars, does the middle single coil have any use?

not really, I use it when i practice because I want to practice on clean without an overly bassy voicing.

No real use though, but with a pickup change it could be useful. I never need to use it anyways, bridge for rhythm and neck for leads, although it can come in handy for chording sometimes.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
So im definately thinkin about going with the schecter for fixed bridge. Unless anyone can come up with a good reason not to?
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
Get the blackjack dude, if you can get an extra couple hundred dollars then go for the blackjack ATX there awesome...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
prs se series is without a doubt the best value in a budget guitar. bc rich is pure garbage. everything theyve done in the last 15 years is garbage. schecter is good. ive returened and sold 4 ibanezs. play a prs SE. you wont be sorry
Quote by rjsmedo89
prs se series is without a doubt the best value in a budget guitar. bc rich is pure garbage. everything theyve done in the last 15 years is garbage. schecter is good. ive returened and sold 4 ibanezs. play a prs SE. you wont be sorry

and if you're not experianced with a floyd ...or dont have an unhuman amout of patience dont go with one
Is that for real about the SE's? I've heard the overall quality is poor on those or is it more hit and miss like epiphone les pauls?
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
I've always liked Jacksons, good for metal, hard rock, you name it. I'd probably get an Ibanez, Schecter, Jackson or find a good deal on a Gibson.
What's a good jackson for under 700 with no trem?
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
if you want an Ibanez with a quality floyd, if it's the RG series, make sure it's a prestige model. those are the only RG's that have a quality floyd. but they are more than $700.

if you don't mind going used. i have a RG1570(Edge Pro Trem, very high quality) for sale
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
I think i officially decided against a floyd but thanks for the offer
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
Quote by tomsy49
I think i officially decided against a floyd but thanks for the offer

no prob.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Does anyone know what esp MH-NT series is like?
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
So i went and checked out the place that sells schecters and the C-1 classic is way over my budget but the C-1 plus is right around there. I was wondering how the C-1 plus is overall?
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4