This isn't an amp deciding thread (as in, "which amp should I get?")
It's more of a "which path sould I take?" question.

Here I go...
I'm ready to buy a tube amp, a good one (a combo). Right now, I'm a bedroom musician, and I probably won't be in band until a few months, maximum a year. But I'm tired of my crappy 5W SS amp . So, what do I do?
A) Buy a decent 5W amp only for bedroom playing, then buy a high-end amp (15-20W, I was looking at a Bad Cat Cub 2) when I join a band.
B) Buy the high-end 15-20W amp now (no 5W), even though I won't need the power until a while.
C) You gimme another option

Please tell me why you choose an option over the other one
Thanks!
If the most sought after things are often the most simple, then:

6 shoelaces of varying sizes tied onto a branch
+ 1 Quarter (pick)
----------------------------
= ULTIMATE TONE
B.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
buy it now and get used to it.
███████████████████████████████████
This isn't really hard.

B

Buy it now.
Play it.
Get used to it.
Time comes when you really need it you'll know exactly what you can do with it.

In all honesty you won't really have much use for it in your bedroom. I have a massively loud AC30 in a music room and I can't get everything out of it because if I crank it to gig level volume it will peel the paint.
15 watts is really not a huge amount of power. I find it to be the perfect wattage for my purposes; I live in a college dorm, and my 15w tube amp still has enough headroom for sparkling cleans at a reasonable volume, while I can also pour on a little pre-amp overdrive.

I think a lot of people believe that tube amps are 10x as loud as SS in equal wattage...go with path B since you can get a great, low wattage tube amp (Fender Blues Junior/Hot Rod, Blackheart Handsome Devil, etc) that is manageable at low volume for a reasonable price.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
Ok B obviously wins!
Is 15W tube class A loud enough for gigs or do I need more, like 30W?
If the most sought after things are often the most simple, then:

6 shoelaces of varying sizes tied onto a branch
+ 1 Quarter (pick)
----------------------------
= ULTIMATE TONE
you will at need a 30w if its tube amp for gigs... i advise 50 but its just opinion... with 50 you can turn it down so it doesnt get a litle crunchy on some notes liek it sometimes does when the volume is turned all the way up
RAW POWER