Just curious.

I'm gettin the SL3 soloist around my bday and wondering how much better does it get from there after that? lol.

From what I hear USA models are damn near unbeatable for metal but what is the BEST of the BEST out of Jackson. ONE guitar to rule them all?
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Quote by Pac_man0123
Uh... custom shop?

Well besides custom shop
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by necrosis1193
I think I already essentially covered this.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1073775

Best is a very inapplicable term for guitars.

Let me rephrase that.

What Jackson guitar is the most capable of producing a great SOUND for metal? YET has great versatility?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by necrosis1193
I think I already essentially covered this.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1073775

Best is a very inapplicable term for guitars.

+1

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by TheBodomBullet
Let me rephrase that.

What Jackson guitar is the most capable of producing a great SOUND for metal? YET has great versatility?

Still terribly subjective. Some people think one tone is good. Others don't. What amp are we talking about running, that's the most important thing for tone.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by necrosis1193
Still terribly subjective. Some people think one tone is good. Others don't. What amp are we talking about running, that's the most important thing for tone.

"Metal" is also an umbrella term,and is used to describe a lot of different sounds.You need to list things such as the specific metal tone you want,what kind of features you want in the guitar, and what you need the guitar to do.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by necrosis1193

I play through a Bugera 6262 212
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Just curious.

I'm gettin the SL3 soloist around my bday and wondering how much better does it get from there after that? lol.

From what I hear USA models are damn near unbeatable for metal but what is the BEST of the BEST out of Jackson. ONE guitar to rule them all?

You're going to need a Jackson COW7, a set of Blackouts, a router, and a steady hand (or someone that knows what they're doing). If you buy used it'll be way cheaper than a SL2, hell it would probably still be cheaper if you bought a new COW7, especially if you don't mind not having a neck pickup.

If you don't want to go that route I'd say a SL2 or SLSMG/SLS3. I'd definitely take the SLSMG over the SL3.
Quote by TheBodomBullet
I play through a Bugera 6262 212

In that case most of them should be able to get a good metal tone. The most versatile ones I'd say would be the "3" series(SL3, RR3, etc.) with the Seymour Duncan pickups. But the best for metal, with a proper amp, would probably be the steps-up from the "3" series, but the Seymour Duncans should do metal just fine and good.

Out of all of the Jackson guitars I've always loved the Kelly's. I played on a custom Kelly at a used guitar shop a few months ago and it heavenly.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Quote by JD Red LP

You're going to need a Jackson COW7, a set of Blackouts, a router, and a steady hand (or someone that knows what they're doing). If you buy used it'll be way cheaper than a SL2, hell it would probably still be cheaper if you bought a new COW7, especially if you don't mind not having a neck pickup.

If you don't want to go that route I'd say a SL2 or SLSMG/SLS3. I'd definitely take the SLSMG over the SL3.

Do want.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by JD Red LP

Would want but no FR trem so...can't want :'(

Quote by necrosis1193
In that case most of them should be able to get a good metal tone. The most versatile ones I'd say would be the "3" series(SL3, RR3, etc.) with the Seymour Duncan pickups. But the best for metal, with a proper amp, would probably be the steps-up from the "3" series, but the Seymour Duncans should do metal just fine and good.

And what's the step up from the "3" series?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
I know the step-up I'm thinking of for the RR3 is the RR24 and RR5. Not sure what the rest of them besides the Soloist, which I believe is the SLS-3.

Quote by TheBodomBullet

There isn't one that is better than another, because they are all the same! Any of the USA select Jackson guitars are going to be nearly identical. THe only real difference between them is what body shape you want.
Jackson KE1F
Jackson KE2
Gibson Gothic Explorer
BC Rich Jr V deluxe

Engl Powerball full stack
Framus Cobra
VHT Pittbull CL50
RR1 or RR1T depending on whether youd rather have floyd or not. most people that play metal that use jacksons use rhoads. might be looks but i'm damn sure it's more than that.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I actually incredibly like Rhoads because it feels awesome, it's actually pretty light and convenient and sounded better than most of the guitars I tried out at Guitar Center.
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Would want but no FR trem so...can't want :'(

And what's the step up from the "3" series?

The SL2 (two humbuckers) and SL1 (one hum, two singles). Both guitars have Original Floyd Rose trems (the SL3 is Ping designed AFAIK, nice but not an OFR), ebony boards with binding (SL3 is rosewood with no binding), and they're made in the USA while the SL3 is Japanese made like the SLS3 and SLSMG.

And I would part with the rest of my guitars if I could get a Jackson 7 like my COW7 with an OFR, but Jackson doesn't like us sevenstringers
Quote by JD Red LP
The SL2 (two humbuckers) and SL1 (one hum, two singles). Both guitars have Original Floyd Rose trems (the SL3 is Ping designed AFAIK, nice but not an OFR), ebony boards with binding (SL3 is rosewood with no binding), and they're made in the USA while the SL3 is Japanese made like the SLS3 and SLSMG.

And I would part with the rest of my guitars if I could get a Jackson 7 like my COW7 with an OFR, but Jackson doesn't like us sevenstringers

The SLS3 and the SLSMG have got ebony fingerboards though, I'm looking into some Jackson guitars too, I'm actually starting to rethinking about getting the SLS3, I don't know if I'd would actually use the whammy bar on the SL3.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah