needs to be tubed
Quote by bassmaniac101

You are amazing.

Quote by Arch1119
^^yay photoshop...you made me lol all over myself
Quote by mcrfobtai
No
RG50Tc
Bugera (I guess a stack would be ok there)
Used 5150
6505+

this.
Quote by XGhacker
1) OMG THE LEAD SINGER OF IRON MAIDEN RAPES HIS SON!!!
Bruce Dick-in-son
Why would it need to be a stack?
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
I'm pretty content with my B52, but hey, it's personal preference, just get out there and try them out. If you can spare it, the 6505+ is fvcking sexy, haha.
MY BAND!!!

Quote by floppypick
Well, I'm all out of ideas, except for one. dress up as a squirrel of the opposite sex and try to seduce it. Over the years of mating you and the squirrel will form a species or human squirrel hybrids and be able to take over the world!
It needs to be a stack and have tubes.
Quote by bassmaniac101

You are amazing.

Quote by Arch1119
All you need for gigging is a good combo or halfstack, and the live guy will mic it up.

Quote by fezrockz

Unles you're one of those fags who "needs" a stack to look cool, it's overkill live.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Last edited by Shirate at Feb 22, 2009,
Quote by fezrockz

Everything we said has tubes.

Edit: try the B52 with a tube screamer or something. It's tube, and, do your research. Most tube amps aren't very cheap.
MY BAND!!!

Quote by floppypick
Well, I'm all out of ideas, except for one. dress up as a squirrel of the opposite sex and try to seduce it. Over the years of mating you and the squirrel will form a species or human squirrel hybrids and be able to take over the world!
Last edited by metal_maniac#1 at Feb 22, 2009,
Quote by fezrockz

And I repeat myself.

Why does it need to be a stack?
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
I'm looking to get some, well more professional looking equipment. I had a line6 spider valve, but our drummers basement flooded so the government is going to pay us the money back because it was their fault. So I have about 600-750$$'s to spend.
Quote by bassmaniac101

You are amazing.

Quote by Arch1119
Pffttt.. you don't need a stack, ESPECIALLY, if you're gigging. It would be more troublesome to move around. Don't be like me and buy a heavy stack. Get a combo.
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
Quote by fezrockz
I'm looking to get some, well more professional looking equipment. I had a line6 spider valve, but our drummers basement flooded so the government is going to pay us the money back because it was their fault. So I have about 600-750$$'s to spend.

You should really worry about gettin professional SOUNDING equiptment
Does the B52 have tubes?
Quote by bassmaniac101

You are amazing.

Quote by Arch1119
Quote by mcrfobtai
You should really worry about gettin professional SOUNDING equiptment

Thats why I'm asking you guys. I'm fairly clueless.
Quote by bassmaniac101

You are amazing.

Quote by Arch1119
I have a Bugera halfstack and it's amazing for the price. Be wary, though, if you get a crap one it'll be quite the pain. I hear the newer models are more reliable than they were when they first came out.

I played a B-52 AT-100 halfstack when I was shopping for new amps and ended up with the Bugera, it sounded good but the reliability complaints dissuaded me from buying it.

I, personally, hate the tone of all the 5150s/6260s I've ever played, maybe it's just not my style.

I have a Valveking 112, and I've played the 212 and halfstack versions, give those a try. They're awfully good for how cheap they are.
Quote by fezrockz
needs to be tubed

Wow! Aren't you helpful!

Is that what we've come to? Not even suggesting amps, just saying: needs to be tubed?

If you can't suggest anything, don't.
Hey, who doesn't like stacks? Even though they take up a lot of room, they sound and look awesome.

I am not sure what amp you should go with. I don't know of any good stacks in your price range, so you should just go with a 6505 combo.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by Mike!
Wow! Aren't you helpful!

Is that what we've come to? Not even suggesting amps, just saying: needs to be tubed?

If you can't suggest anything, don't.

...? I'm the thread starter?
Quote by bassmaniac101

You are amazing.

Quote by Arch1119
you're not gunna get a good stack for that price, you wont get a good tube amp for that price, put them both together, and it equals not happening. i have a spider 3 150w 2x12 combo that i use for gigs and recording, and its probably one of your better bets. it has more gain on tap than any guitarist should ever need (although i insist on using all of it :P), its got built in delay, reverb, phaser, everything you need for soloing. the cleans are decent so long as you dont use emg pickups with a boost switch turned on. there are 4 completely independant footswitchable channels that are stored in its digital memory so it doesnt matter if you accidentally move knobs while its travelling, and you can assign each channel an amp model, including it allows you to double up the amp model and just change effects, eq, volume, etc. the in between channels arent very convincing (blues, twang, crunch) but they're still usable, and if nothing else its a time saver. its an amp, then you buy cabs and its a head, then you buy a mesa and its your favorite backup and/or practice amp.
Quote by fezrockz
Thats why I'm asking you guys. I'm fairly clueless.

Which is why were trying to explain that you can get a better sound combo at this price
Quote by tmfiore
Hey, who doesn't like stacks? Even though they take up a lot of room, they sound and look awesome.

I am not sure what amp you should go with. I don't know of any good stacks in your price range, so you should just go with a 6505 combo.

I'm pretty sure an MG stack doesn't sound awsome
Quote by rhoadsfan92
you're not gunna get a good stack for that price, you wont get a good tube amp for that price, put them both together, and it equals not happening. i have a spider 3 150w 2x12 combo that i use for gigs and recording, and its probably one of your better bets. it has more gain on tap than any guitarist should ever need (although i insist on using all of it :P), its got built in delay, reverb, phaser, everything you need for soloing. the cleans are decent so long as you dont use emg pickups with a boost switch turned on. there are 4 completely independant footswitchable channels that are stored in its digital memory so it doesnt matter if you accidentally move knobs while its travelling, and you can assign each channel an amp model, including it allows you to double up the amp model and just change effects, eq, volume, etc. the in between channels arent very convincing (blues, twang, crunch) but they're still usable, and if nothing else its a time saver. its an amp, then you buy cabs and its a head, then you buy a mesa and its your favorite backup and/or practice amp.

You shouldn't really listen to this guy.

Modeling amps for gigs = bad

Quote by mcrfobtai

I'm pretty sure an MG stack doesn't sound awsome

True, that is why I am selling mine.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
ps i dont personally have cabs or a mesa head, but it seems like thats what your after. my setup is more like an ibanez with emgs and a boost switch (lol) through either the line 6 or my marshall head with house cabs on the rare occasion the house has cabs
Quote by rhoadsfan92

Well at this point I have no amp, and about 700 dollars to spend so I figure I might as well get a stack for gigging.

My old amp that got trashed was a Line6 Spider Valve with Bogner and it was amazing I loved it. But I want to be able to spend all the money I get and I think I can get better for 700.
Quote by bassmaniac101

You are amazing.

Quote by Arch1119
nothing like a good half-stack thread to get UG fired up, eh?

Randall RG-50TC, Peavey 6505 combo, Bugera 6262 combo (reliability issues, big time), B-52 AT-212 Combo (reliability issues), used Mesa F-50...etc.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by whiteraven119
I have a Bugera halfstack and it's amazing for the price. Be wary, though, if you get a crap one it'll be quite the pain. I hear the newer models are more reliable than they were when they first came out.

I played a B-52 AT-100 halfstack when I was shopping for new amps and ended up with the Bugera, it sounded good but the reliability complaints dissuaded me from buying it.

I, personally, hate the tone of all the 5150s/6260s I've ever played, maybe it's just not my style.

I have a Valveking 112, and I've played the 212 and halfstack versions, give those a try. They're awfully good for how cheap they are.

$20 says you had your preamp gain past 6
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by theoreticmusic
nothing like a good half-stack thread to get UG fired up, eh?

Randall RG-50TC, Peavey 6505 combo, Bugera 6262 combo (reliability issues, big time), B-52 AT-212 Combo (reliability issues), used Mesa F-50...etc.

Indeed.

To make this relevent, I second those suggestions
I'm not looking for combo amps, i'm looking for a head and a cabinet
Quote by bassmaniac101

You are amazing.

Quote by Arch1119
And for the last goddamn time, you won't find a good one in that price range.

Don't judge me.
Calm down, what I am asking for is the BEST for that pricerange.
Quote by bassmaniac101

You are amazing.

Quote by Arch1119
Quote by fezrockz
I'm not looking for combo amps, i'm looking for a head and a cabinet

Ok. You said before you don't have a clue about this. Yeah? We have a clue. Most people here know what they're talking about? You want something that looks cool? Ok, get an MG stack. Nothing cooler then a stack with Marshall on it. You want something that sounds good? Listen to what we are telling you or get the **** out.
and the best for that pricerange is a combo, but if you insist on sh*t, then buy sh*t. You don't need anyone's recommendation here to do that.

Don't judge me.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
$20 says you had your preamp gain past 6
I know what you're saying, it sounded especially crappy past that point, but I did try them with like every settings combination I could think of and I didn't like it, period. Not my style exactly, that amp.
Quote by fezrockz
Calm down, what I am asking for is the BEST for that pricerange.

And, once aghain, the BEST in the price range is most likely a combo
Well I've played 6505 and 5150 half stack and I love the hell outta both of them, but would a combo be able to be heard clearly over a halfstack un-mic'd on a stage?
Quote by bassmaniac101

You are amazing.

Quote by Arch1119
yes. 50 tube watts is just about as loud as 100 tube watts, and it sounds louder than 100 SS watts.

Don't judge me.

Just because it is a halfstack does not mean it will nessicarily be louder.

A 50w combo and 50w head will pretty much be the same volume.
Page 1 of 2