I have a Spider III and I'm pretty content with it, even though the crunch and metal channels are terrible. However, I'm looking to get a Big Muff pedal, or a different distortion pedal. I heard it won't sound good because it's a modeling amp. The thing is, I want something that I can change from clean to distortion with and the Line 6 FBV doesn't work with the 15 watt (lucky me). So will a pedal sound good or like donkey balls?
i'm gonna go with the donkey balls.
and the muff is kinda a fuzz anyway. probably won't give you a good crunch, and definitely not metal.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
So why did you get that amp?

Anyway what kinda sound you after?
Band wise and what guitar are you using?
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
No, I don't want a crunch or metal tone, I was just saying that those channels suck.
I want to be able to change from clean to distortion. The distortions I like are: 1) High Gain, High Treble, Low Bass, Low Mids, and the other is more fuzzy, like the tone from Touch Me I'm Sick (this is what I would use the Big Muff for).

I have one of the distortions I like(the first one) but I can't change from clean to it, so I wanted to buy pedals. But will they sound crappy?

I am using this
Last edited by CobainBohnam at Feb 22, 2009,
You can bypass the effects on the spider, but I'm still not sure it'll sound good.

How much dough are you willing to spend?
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Well then see if you can try that pedal out
Probs best bet
Always works for me
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals